The BMW 5 Series gets a Euro NCAP five-star safety rating
Euro NCAP recently released the crash test ratings for the new BMW 5 Series. The new 5 showed good all around performance in the tests and scored a five-star safety rating.
|Launched late last year, the seventh-generation BMW 5 Series continues its successful track record in Euro NCAP's Executive Car segment. The car showed good all-round performance in crash protection and avoidance tests thanks to its new platform, body and updated safety features. Track tests demonstrated that the autonomous braking system can effectively assist the driver in avoiding or mitigating critical rear-end crashes with other cars and pedestrians. With an 81 percent score, the 5-series particularly impressed in pedestrian safety through its standard-fit "Person Warning" system and active bonnet.|
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- 2007 BMW 335XI Engine malfunction
- E92 335i remap, tune or buy an M3?
- Rough Idle on Cold Start and Hesitation on Low RPM
- 2011 328i
- '09 E91 high RPM stalls and odd shifting, help!
- How to reset SelfLevel Suspension Inactive on Dash
- Subwoofers under the seats dont play...
- Downpipe Install Experience (XSPower)
- Burning oil Smoke from exhaust
- DCI pipe