Rims on 760li in the movie "TAXI" ? [Archive] - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Rims on 760li in the movie "TAXI" ?

HN
06-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Does anyone know what kind of rims the 760Li had in the movie TAXI (w/jimmy fallon)?

Or where I can find that information

Thanks in advance..

kd2789mo
06-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know what kind of rims the 760Li had in the movie TAXI (w/jimmy fallon)?

Thanks in advance..
Here's a link to the trailer. The car is in the first few scenes (30 seconds in).
Perhaps someone here can identify the rims.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/taxi/tx_large.html

triple_sissy
06-10-2005, 06:43 PM
I have no clue what rims are those, but for sure this car has ACS body kit on.

raerae28
06-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Lowenhart LDR's Chrome to be exact.

22" of course

Clarke
06-15-2005, 02:55 PM
No thank you.

bimmer7
08-04-2005, 11:24 PM
So is that a confirmed 760Li in the latest blockbuster movie TAXI? Im sorry I havent seen it yet. . . :confused:

///MLover
08-05-2005, 09:20 PM
If you are interested I know the owner of that (Red) 760li. If you are interested to purchase the car because it is for sale.....

bimmer7
08-05-2005, 11:48 PM
If you are interested I know the owner of that (Red) 760li. If you are interested to purchase the car because it is for sale.....

hmmmm....check this link out that says :dunno: :dunno:

http://www.hollywood.com/movies/reviews/movie/2419011

"Honorable mention goes to the Vanessa's getaway car, a chiaretto red metallic BMW 745Li sedan, which outperforms its castmates by a quarter mile"

So I was just wondering 760 or 745? :angel:

///MLover
08-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Hello,

Of course it is a 760li. I had seen the ad for sale in the news paper and was extremley high which this was a about a month ago. This vehicle was priced way over what is There would be no way that it was a 745li.

bimmer7
08-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Im sure its a 760Li but I dunno why the link I mentioned above says its a 745Li? :dunno: probably a typo! :rolleyes:

///MLover
08-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Ya probably...

Topazmanian
11-16-2005, 12:28 AM
This one?

http://www.autoall.com/Actual+BMW+7+Series+from+the+Movie+Taxi.htm

http://www.autoall.com/images_products/Untitled-5.jpg

BmW745On19's
11-16-2005, 04:15 PM
I dislike the wheels also.

But as mentioned in that one article, it is indeed a 745Li. It has no alcantara headliner, no V-12 logos on the side by the turn signal indicators and no rear comfort seats. Sorry hollywood, can't fool me! :rofl: Also the "750iL" in the James Bond Film Tomarrow Never Dies, I think, is not a 750iL but a 740iL, you can tell by exaust note and the options belows the air contoller. I have no idea why people would try to lead people to believe they have a better car than they accually do. :rolleyes:

Malibubimmer
11-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Hello,

Of course it is a 760li. I had seen the ad for sale in the news paper and was extremley high which this was a about a month ago. This vehicle was priced way over what is There would be no way that it was a 745li.
This being Hollywood, the car is being sold as a "star." :loco: Pathetic, I know, but some fool out there will buy it.

madams
11-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Perhaps it belongs on "Pimp My Ride"?! :rofl:

I've rarely seen a more awful looking BMW!!

//: Freddy B_
11-18-2005, 06:10 PM
if i ever wanted to have sex with a car it would be that baby...wowza

Malibubimmer
11-18-2005, 07:21 PM
if i ever wanted to have sex with a car it would be that baby...wowza
As I said earlier on this thread, the car is being sold as a "star." For $75,000 it can be yours and you can do whatever you want with it (to it?). You had just better keep your garage door closed when you do so.

BmW745On19's
11-18-2005, 08:17 PM
I think he wants to "rear end" it. :rofl:

bimmer7
11-18-2005, 08:44 PM
I dislike the wheels also.

But as mentioned in that one article, it is indeed a 745Li. It has no alcantara headliner, no V-12 logos on the side by the turn signal indicators and no rear comfort seats. Sorry hollywood, can't fool me! :rofl: Also the "750iL" in the James Bond Film Tomarrow Never Dies, I think, is not a 750iL but a 740iL, you can tell by exaust note and the options belows the air contoller. I have no idea why people would try to lead people to believe they have a better car than they accually do. :rolleyes:

Well you know what sometimes in movies they do tend to strip down the cars in order to make them compatible with the scene they are about too shoot.......I have a documentary from TopGear that talks about all the Bond's cars and indeed the 7 series in the film "Tomorrow Never Dies" is a 750iL. You can find this video on Kazaa/Ares and type in JamesBondsCars / TopGear as search words and you will find out for yourself......... :D

indiasfinest
12-16-2005, 04:06 PM
that car looks awsome, srry for this noob question, but is that color factory? i dont think it is, but im new to BMW

bimmer7
12-16-2005, 04:28 PM
that car looks awsome, srry for this noob question, but is that color factory? i dont think it is, but im new to BMW

Quite possibly thas true...... :dunno: it was in the movies in Hollywood...anything is possible there....BMW might have painted it for them....or they cud have gotten an aftermarket job too....
But like I said earlier about the documentary on Tomorrow Never Dies: 007... James Bond's 750iL....there were quite a few actual cars, car bodies that were stripped down including other spareparts like windshields, doors, etc. of 750's which some were provided by BMW.... as part of the movie shoot ... but obviously they did customizations in their own bodyshop on the movie set....

Malibubimmer
12-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Quite possibly thas true...... :dunno: it was in the movies in Hollywood...anything is possible there....BMW might have painted it for them....or they cud have gotten an aftermarket job too....
But like I said earlier about the documentary on Tomorrow Never Dies: 007... James Bond's 750iL....there were quite a few actual cars, car bodies that were stripped down including other spareparts like windshields, doors, etc. of 750's which some were provided by BMW.... as part of the movie shoot ... but obviously they did customizations in their own bodyshop on the movie set....
When I was married my wife did a Bond film with Pierce Brosnan - The World Is Not Enough. Pierce and I sat together at a dinner before the premiere in London. Naturally, all I wanted to ask him about was the Z8 in the movie. He told me he drove a bunch of mules - the Z8 wasn't ready yet for production - and that they were terrible. (A mule is a car patched together, often with parts from other cars.) When the movie was over, the Z8 was ready for production and BMW offered him a Z8 on the condition that he drive it in Southern Caifornia. (He lives near me in Malibu.) He turned BMW down cold, because of his experience driving the mules.

After his next film he was hoping Ford would offer him the Aston Martin. Nope. So he sprang for one out of his own pocket.

BTW - Bimmer7 - "cud" is what a cow chews, over and over again. "Could" doesn't sound like "cud," either.

bimmer7
12-17-2005, 01:28 AM
When I was married my wife did a Bond film with Pierce Brosnan - The World Is Not Enough. Pierce and I sat together at a dinner before the premiere in London. Naturally, all I wanted to ask him about was the Z8 in the movie. He told me he drove a bunch of mules - the Z8 wasn't ready yet for production - and that they were terrible. (A mule is a car patched together, often with parts from other cars.) When the movie was over, the Z8 was ready for production and BMW offered him a Z8 on the condition that he drive it in Southern Caifornia. (He lives near me in Malibu.) He turned BMW down cold, because of his experience driving the mules.

After his next film he was hoping Ford would offer him the Aston Martin. Nope. So he sprang for one out of his own pocket.

BTW - Bimmer7 - "cud" is what a cow chews, over and over again. "Could" doesn't sound like "cud," either.

I see thats a nice story..... :thumbup: somewhat mirrors to what I said on the top about the 750's (documentary was on topgear by the way done by Tiff)....which was the question asked by indiasfinest....about repainting....

Now this is not my ENGL101 lecture where I spell out each word...and make it sound gramatically correct :yikes: :yikes: ....

Lissen GRANDPA! stop correcting me....this is a freakingg online forum NOT AN ONLINE DISTANCE EDUCATION COURSE.....okay....theres all sorts of people here who would normally understand.....i dont have time to spell out each word every time i post something.....OK! :tsk:

I dunno why you criticise everything so much....maybe I guess as an attorney you have a lot of time on your hands..... :dunno:

NTB
12-19-2005, 12:17 AM
This one?

http://www.autoall.com/Actual+BMW+7+Series+from+the+Movie+Taxi.htm

http://www.autoall.com/images_products/Untitled-5.jpg

That is one ugly color in my opinion.

bimmer7
12-19-2005, 12:55 AM
That is one ugly color in my opinion.

yea I agree :thumbup: .. but the rims are not too bad....... I think they will loook good on blue :)

NTB
12-19-2005, 01:24 AM
yea I agree :thumbup: .. but the rims are not too bad....... I think they will loook good on blue :)

Too Blingy for me.

Bigs
12-24-2005, 12:01 PM
those seem more like a mercedes style than bmw.

2fst2c
01-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Its a 745Li for sure they had this talk on e46fanatics.com

BmW745On19's
04-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Ahah! I was right! Not a 760Li just as I suspected!

Here is a picture of the seats, note the ABESCENCE of comfort seats and the 3 spoke steering wheel didnt come in the 760Li just the 760i, thus making this the biggest 760Li poser in the universe!
https://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/3149/20060408_0034_2.jpg

I WIN! :D

(yeah they already proved it was a 745Li, oh well, I proved it more..)

NTB
04-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Ahah! I was right! Not a 760Li just as I suspected!

Here is a picture of the seats, note the ABESCENCE of comfort seats and the 3 spoke steering wheel didnt come in the 760Li just the 760i, thus making this the biggest 760Li poser in the universe!
https://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/3149/20060408_0034_2.jpg

I WIN! :D

(yeah they already proved it was a 745Li, oh well, I proved it more..)

Also no hand stitched leather on the dash or wood inlays.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2102000-2102999/2102195_24_full.jpg

SevenMan
04-21-2006, 04:50 AM
I guessed they switched cars because the seven I saw in the movie was blue.

http://imcdb.org/images/004/184.jpg

indiasfinest
04-22-2006, 10:28 AM
im assuming you havnt seen the whole movie, after they steal the money, they have like this layer of removable paint on the car (which is the red one) and it comes off like a sticker to reveal teh blue paint. then they change the rims back to stock. and so now, nobody can tell it was them that stole the money because there car looks nothing like it did before.

SevenMan
04-22-2006, 11:28 AM
im assuming you havnt seen the whole movie, after they steal the money, they have like this layer of removable paint on the car (which is the red one) and it comes off like a sticker to reveal teh blue paint. then they change the rims back to stock. and so now, nobody can tell it was them that stole the money because there car looks nothing like it did before.

OIC. Yeah, I just saw towards the end of it. Thanks.

bmw_m6_08
07-19-2006, 08:49 PM

Thanks in advance..

them rims on that car is tight. wonder what they are.