Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - Conversation Between HerbP and BabyUnicornTaco

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > HerbP

Conversation Between HerbP and BabyUnicornTaco
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. BabyUnicornTaco
    01-15-2019 07:04 AM
    BabyUnicornTaco
    Morning Herb, I was told that you were one of the utmost experts on the N62. As the N62 guru, can you give some advice? I have a X5 4.8i that has started to leak oil. Seems obvious, but may be just the valve cover gaskets. seeing that I have 153,000 miles on it, I would like to knock out as much preventative maintenance as possible within reason. I have posted this question to the forum but I was thinking that if I was going to do the valve cover gaskets then I should also do the time case cover gaskets as well. I think this is just an hour or two of extra work. If it is time to do valve stem seals, would you recommend I complete the timing case covers and a transfer pipe replacement or stent at the same time? Any other recommendations? Other than the oil cooler gasket, the vehicle has never had any oil barrier gaskets replaced. I appreciate any info and would send the E-beer your way. Have a good day.