Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 E83 (2004 - 2010) (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Minor upgrades (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1116729)

pinoybmwx3 10-12-2017 06:44 AM

Minor upgrades
 
Just sharing the recent upgrades done on my X3

- wheel center carbon fiber to match my front and rear emblem
- euro side marker
- HID fog lights
- LED interior lights

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...38a1979e8.heichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d7fa7fd42.heichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9e9764b3c.heichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...eed0f9a1d.heichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e0ef31bd2.heichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d1f2abebf.heichttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...84e3da44f.heic


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

Q4 10-12-2017 07:35 AM

Looks great! Are the sidemarkers oem? Where did you get them?

pinoybmwx3 10-12-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q4 (Post 11241609)
Looks great! Are the sidemarkers oem? Where did you get them?



Thanks... its aftermarket but it fits on the same hole and the connector. i got it from eBay.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...37ab7f8e3d.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

darknmy 10-12-2017 09:06 AM

Looks good. Can you link them?

pinoybmwx3 10-12-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknmy (Post 11242545)
Looks good. Can you link them?



Here you go.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2X-EURO-E60-E...%257Ciid%253A1



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

jeepo23 10-13-2017 06:29 AM

What about the fogs? What brand and how much?

pinoybmwx3 10-13-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepo23 (Post 11250281)
What about the fogs? What brand and how much?


This is the link from eBay.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/FOG-LIGHTS-60...%257Ciid%253A1

I got mine cheaper with discounts.



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

DangermouseX3 10-17-2017 05:19 AM

I love the side markers, but why would you put superbright lamps in the foglights?

pinoybmwx3 10-17-2017 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangermouseX3 (Post 11283737)
I love the side markers, but why would you put superbright lamps in the foglights?



Thanks. I actually wanted to have a better lighting. Im hoping to get the same 6000k on my headlights too. Iím just used to having a brighter headlights and foglights similar to my other vehicle.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

DangermouseX3 10-18-2017 06:25 AM

Dear God, please don't.

As a fellow commuter in Atlanta traffic, there is nothing worse than being in front of someone with brighter-that-the-sun headlights and/or fogs.

pinoybmwx3 10-18-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangermouseX3 (Post 11294817)
Dear God, please don't.

As a fellow commuter in Atlanta traffic, there is nothing worse than being in front of someone with brighter-that-the-sun headlights and/or fogs.



I got you.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

BMWKing123 10-20-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoybmwx3 (Post 11240937)
Just sharing the recent upgrades done on my X3

- wheel center carbon fiber to match my front and rear emblem
- euro side marker
- HID fog lights
- LED interior lights



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

I LOVE the look of those fog lights! Have you had any error codes? How long did they take to install? Was it hard?

Do you have any interior pics with the LED's installed? Again, how hard were they to install and do you have any error codes?

Did you change the angel eye bulbs too?

Thanks! _sl_

pinoybmwx3 10-20-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWKing123 (Post 11317649)
I LOVE the look of those fog lights! Have you had any error codes? How long did they take to install? Was it hard?

Do you have any interior pics with the LED's installed? Again, how hard were they to install and do you have any error codes?

Did you change the angel eye bulbs too?

Thanks! _sl_



Thanks...
I havenít experienced any error codes...
It took about 30 minutes and It was pretty easy since its accessible from the front without removing the bumper...

Iíll try to take some picture of the interior when i get a chance. It was easy to install too. And no error codes also.

Yes, ive changed my angel eyes bulb to and LED. The cheap one about $15 for now.



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

BMWKing123 10-20-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoybmwx3 (Post 11317793)
Thanks...
I havenít experienced any error codes...
It took about 30 minutes and It was pretty easy since its accessible from the front without removing the bumper...

Iíll try to take some picture of the interior when i get a chance. It was easy to install too. And no error codes also.

Yes, ive changed my angel eyes bulb to and LED. The cheap one about $15 for now.



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

Are the new fog lights noticeably brighter?

Also, where did you get the angel eye bulbs from?

Thanks again.

pinoybmwx3 10-20-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWKing123 (Post 11317873)
Are the new fog lights noticeably brighter?



Also, where did you get the angel eye bulbs from?



Thanks again.



Oh yeah, especially at area where its pitch black. I can almost use it as main light but of course it doesnít illuminate that far on the road.

I got them from eBay too.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

BMWKing123 10-20-2017 01:25 PM

Thank you!

pinoybmwx3 10-20-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWKing123 (Post 11317961)
Thank you!



Hereís the interior pics

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7cffa48da.heic
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...de3be756a.heic
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0ddb3290a.heic


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

BMWKing123 10-23-2017 05:12 AM

Oh yeah, that looks good! I'm guessing you got the LED kit from Ebay too?

Also, I noticed you have a Carbon fiber center piece on your steering wheel. Is that factory?

Thanks again.

pinoybmwx3 10-23-2017 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWKing123 (Post 11338217)
Oh yeah, that looks good! I'm guessing you got the LED kit from Ebay too?

Also, I noticed you have a Carbon fiber center piece on your steering wheel. Is that factory?

Thanks again.



Thanks... yes i did.

No its not factory, i bought the front, rear emblem and the steering wheel from ebay too.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

BMWKing123 10-23-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoybmwx3 (Post 11338729)
Thanks... yes i did.

No its not factory, i bought the front, rear emblem and the steering wheel from ebay too.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

Do you by chance have a link for the steering wheel cover? I searched Ebay but don't see anything.

Thanks in advance.

pinoybmwx3 10-23-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWKing123 (Post 11340905)
Do you by chance have a link for the steering wheel cover? I searched Ebay but don't see anything.



Thanks in advance.



Are you needing the carbon fiber emblem or the carbon fiber vinyl cover on the steering wheel?


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

BMWKing123 10-23-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoybmwx3 (Post 11345729)
Are you needing the carbon fiber emblem or the carbon fiber vinyl cover on the steering wheel?


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

Sorry. I was referring to the steering wheel cover.

pinoybmwx3 10-23-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWKing123 (Post 11345889)
Sorry. I was referring to the steering wheel cover.



I actually got it from Advance Auto parts.
https://m.advanceautoparts.com/p/ill...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

3M brand is the best i think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL0nOpvkTb4


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

BMWKing123 10-23-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoybmwx3 (Post 11346065)
I actually got it from Advance Auto parts.
https://m.advanceautoparts.com/p/ill...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

3M brand is the best i think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL0nOpvkTb4


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app


Oh ok, awesome. How hard was it to get that trim ring off the steering wheel?

I have the M logo on mine, might be a PITA to not cover the emblem.

pinoybmwx3 10-23-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWKing123 (Post 11346745)
Oh ok, awesome. How hard was it to get that trim ring off the steering wheel?

I have the M logo on mine, might be a PITA to not cover the emblem.



Its not as hard. Check this video out.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2m2Dzz...ature=youtu.be

I had to take the M logo and do a little cut out around the area and place it back in again using epoxy.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.