Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   The NEW official E36 OT Thread!! (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755579)

drivinfaster 04-17-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj.surr (Post 8284298)
I don't even know what to say to that.

uh,....how about :bustingup

:dunno:
df

cj.surr 04-17-2014 07:07 PM

I was thinking more like: :violent:

miles_trail 04-17-2014 07:22 PM

I don't even know what that guy was going for, at least that red one that's been for sale for ever is well done, but the only thing to indicate this one is a "BMW" is the terrible kidney grills.

Stroker is still out of commission, need a clutch and the truck/ ti have eaten up my car money :(. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with some extra scratch this summer, maybe even in time for BFE.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

dc_wright 04-17-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eight Thirty (Post 8284220)

Coming home from 30 days in rehab and seeing that in the the driveway would just confirm going to rehab was the right decision..............

drivinfaster 04-17-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_wright (Post 8284354)
Coming home from 30 days in rehab and seeing that in the the driveway would just confirm going to rehab was the right decision..............

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

df

miles_trail 04-17-2014 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New cooling system in the ti and I installed a CAI, Warsteiner seamed like an appropriate choice given the number of BMW race cars they've sponsored over the years.

Also, any one know why a cooling system would hold pressure for hours after turning off the engine?, I'm bleeding the cooling systems in both cars doing the usual idle it up to normal operating temperature and let it cool down thing, but I've been able to remove the cap from Los' and add more twice and the to still tries to spray coolant when I loosen the cap even after sitting for three hours.

FenderBender 04-17-2014 09:44 PM

That may be normal depending on conditions. If it holds pressure overnight it's a blown HG.

ZeGerman 04-17-2014 10:49 PM

Welp, I'm registered for at least one track day this season... It isn't until September, but it's at a totally awesome track and I wanted to get my registration in before all the slots filled up. I'll likely sign up for another (less distant) track day at the other track, and multiple autocrosses, too. Time to buy some expensive brake pads...

EnserioJose 04-18-2014 06:02 AM

Paging Chad...

I was going to text you to pick your brain about home buying stuff, but its still really ova there.

cj.surr 04-18-2014 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeGerman (Post 8284707)
Welp, I'm registered for at least one track day this season... It isn't until September, but it's at a totally awesome track and I wanted to get my registration in before all the slots filled up. I'll likely sign up for another (less distant) track day at the other track, and multiple autocrosses, too. Time to buy some expensive brake pads...

And tires :thumbup:

ZeGerman 04-18-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj.surr (Post 8285052)
And tires :thumbup:

Yeah, I'll likely be buying new tires in the Fall after this season. I've been satisfied with my Hankook V12 Evos, but I'll be taking a close look at what's out there when the time comes. My friend is encouraging me to get Michelin Pilot Super Sports, which are of course great tires. I just don't know if it's worth spending nearly twice as much for them.

SlimKlim 04-18-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeGerman (Post 8285121)
Yeah, I'll likely be buying new tires in the Fall after this season. I've been satisfied with my Hankook V12 Evos, but I'll be taking a close look at what's out there when the time comes. My friend is encouraging me to get Michelin Pilot Super Sports, which are of course great tires. I just don't know if it's worth spending nearly twice as much for them.

I'm tickled pink with my Continental DWs. (That's the plural of "DW" not the "DWS" tires which are all seasons) 300 or 330TW, very quiet on the highway, a rounded shoulder that makes it easy to fit wider sizes (I could have done 255 without issue), and they held their own at the autocross last weekend. They definitely are not in the "ultra high" performance category but honestly I had more fun. There's a whole lot of fun in being able to overdrive the car.

dwonda 04-18-2014 07:25 AM

Ok so only the 328 cabrio's came with vented rear rotors? The vents are nice for sticking stuff in to hold your wheel still.

dc_wright 04-18-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwonda (Post 8285136)
Ok so only the 328 cabrio's came with vented rear rotors? The vents are nice for sticking stuff in to hold your wheel still.

That's what my research and experience has been. I guess the cabrio was just enough more weight added that BMW felt the need to tweak the brakes just a bit.

hornhospital 04-18-2014 09:58 AM

Or they figured the passenger compartment was "ventilated", might as well do the rotors, too. :rofl:

KyleDrivesABmw 04-18-2014 10:06 AM

Anyone selling an e36/e46 under $7000? My brother wants to buy one soon

B1MM3R 04-18-2014 10:17 AM

I think my buddy Craig Slist has a few in the maryland are for sale. :eeps:

Eight Thirty 04-18-2014 10:23 AM

buy mine 2800$$

joel`fahrer 04-18-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zegerman (Post 8284707)
welp, i'm registered for at least one track day this season... It isn't until september, but it's at a totally awesome track and i wanted to get my registration in before all the slots filled up. I'll likely sign up for another (less distant) track day at the other track, and multiple autocrosses, too. Time to buy some expensive brake pads...

orp?

joel`fahrer 04-18-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeGerman (Post 8284143)
Why do you have to replace ALL the coils?

I'm sure I don't have to, but the issue I'm trying to get rid of is intermittent at best.. really difficult to reproduce. The coils in there now are all of mixed brand and age.. no clue how old they are. I'd be happier if I could just replace all of them.

joel`fahrer 04-18-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeGerman (Post 8285121)

for the weather around here, Star Specs were the tire you wanted. I'm not sure if the Z2's heat up quite as quickly as the Z1 Star Specs did, but Z2 Star Specs are due out in the future. I'll probably pick up some Z2's for my e36.. and sell off my fairly new Ecsta XS's.

I still have a nearly new set of Star Specs sitting around.. but, 225/45/17. I doubt any BMW track car will be looking to fit 225's on their car :(

ZeGerman 04-18-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joel`fahrer (Post 8285550)
orp?

No, The Ridge in Shelton, WA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joel`fahrer (Post 8285555)
I'm sure I don't have to, but the issue I'm trying to get rid of is intermittent at best.. really difficult to reproduce. The coils in there now are all of mixed brand and age.. no clue how old they are. I'd be happier if I could just replace all of them.

I guess that makes sense, but you could take it to a shop and have them hook it up to a computer to figure out exactly which cylinder is misfiring and pay less money than hauling off and buying six new coils which may or may not fix it.

FenderBender 04-18-2014 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jesse was catching up so I took action.

B1MM3R 04-18-2014 11:49 AM

Haha nice Matt!

So my Dad did compression test today. 135-145 all across. Still no spark or fuel, just cranking really fast. Have power on both sides of the ignition coil and thats it. Wipers don't work, radio don't work or fog lights. Tried 3 seperate dme's now. Wires are hooked up properly on starter, new crank sensor and ignition coil also.

joel`fahrer 04-18-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeGerman (Post 8285665)
No, The Ridge in Shelton, WA.

I'm very familiar with it.. I just didn't think of it as being that far out :D

so I guess you're signed up with puget sound bmw cca? I haven't done a track day with them yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeGerman (Post 8285665)
I guess that makes sense, but you could take it to a shop and have them hook it up to a computer to figure out exactly which cylinder is misfiring and pay less money than hauling off and buying six new coils which may or may not fix it.

for an obd1 car?