Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   The NEW official E36 OT Thread!! (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755579)

dc_wright 02-28-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechieTechie (Post 8178150)
Once again yesterday, even asking to be more involved, my Cali partner has shut me out of another client call regarding pricing and timing....even though I'm 99% sure my process peer was involved. I have to have the hard conversation with him....but he's super defensive and can turn negative and nasty pretty quickly. I am not looking forward to having this conversation.

:(

Ain't inter organizational politics fun? Sorry you're having those kind of issues getting this off the ground. Distance and time difference always adds additional challenges.....

Stand your ground, keep good notes on your conversations, and particularly if there's any hint or perception of gender bias behind this keep meticulous notes. Go get 'em!

southpark11235 02-28-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B1MM3R (Post 8178418)
Fantastic, another delay.....

Hey Jesse, based off of the estimate we received from the shop, they have indicated that there is a possibility for some supplemental damages to be found which would increase the cost of the repair. My manager has recommended us having an independent appraiser assigned to inspect the vehicle in person and review the shop's estimate. I am going to call the company on Monday to make sure that they have received the assignment, and will follow up with you next week once I have some additional information.

Bastards.

Mapes328i 02-28-2014 01:46 PM

Took of my door panel today to fix my off track window and found that the only thing holding the window up was two wooden Ferring strips, all the arms were bent that would hold it to the track so it's pretty much destroyed now I'm just gonna go to a junkyard and see what i can find to replace the whole thing oh and the door panel was glued on , no interior clips at all. Just my luck

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

TechieTechie 02-28-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_wright (Post 8178509)
Ain't inter organizational politics fun? Sorry you're having those kind of issues getting this off the ground. Distance and time difference always adds additional challenges.....

Stand your ground, keep good notes on your conversations, and particularly if there's any hint or perception of gender bias behind this keep meticulous notes. Go get 'em!

Thanks Don.:grouphug: I don't think I get easily flustered, but I do with this person. And the kicker is, I have delivered two of his biggest projects. He has a small circle of people he likes to work with, and his circle is getting smaller because of the way he handles people (He doesn't cultivate talent very well). The issue may be gender, but another peer has the same issue, and he's male. I think it's cultural (he's Indian) and he's in a new role (he's a new partner, he likes to be seen as the 'go to' guy). I go to the end of the earth for people and projects I believe in..and peeps who inspire me. I'm sorta fed up with him...but I need this engagement, I think, for career development :mad:. If I can say I've delivered a full lifecycle, global implementation (@ $20M) it should negate my limited experience on technical development if/when I decide to leave my current employ.

I am going to write up a script to follow (to keep from getting flustered), enjoy the Oscars, engage in a little retail therapy (I've been eyeing a new watch) and tackle it in Monday.

Jesse..sorry to hear you are having issues. I always recommend e46 Fanatics 'Ask an Insurance Adjuster Anything thread'...he really helped me with Snowy's negotiations. :thumbup:

KyleDrivesABmw 02-28-2014 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a new puppy!

dc_wright 02-28-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechieTechie (Post 8178564)
Thanks Don.:grouphug: I don't think I get easily flustered, but I do with this person. And the kicker is, I have delivered two of his biggest projects. He has a small circle of people he likes to work with, and his circle is getting smaller because of the way he handles people (He doesn't cultivate talent very well). The issue may be gender, but another peer has the same issue, and he's male. I think it's cultural (he's Indian) and he's in a new role (he's a new partner, he likes to be seen as the 'go to' guy). I go to the end of the earth for people and projects I believe in..and peeps who inspire me. I'm sorta fed up with him...but I need this engagement, I think, for career development :mad:

I am going to write up a script to follow (to keep from getting flustered), enjoy the Oscars, engage in a little retail therapy (I've been eyeing a new watch) and tackle it in Monday.

Jesse..sorry to hear you are having issues. I always recommend e46 Fanatics 'Ask an Insurance Adjuster Anything thread'...he really helped me with Snowy's negotiations. :thumbup:

Some years ago at a place I worked there was some organizational change in the company and the VP of Engineering moved to the VP of PMO position and I got a new VPE to report to. The new VPE wasn't very good technically and he was even worse on the people side. He and I had gone through a few disagreements that didn't end well. I was in the STL office and dropped in on the former VPE who had been a mentor to me and I laid out my tale of woe. I had expected to get some sympathy since he and the new VPE had a long history of enmity. He waited until I finished and then he said " Don, if you're going to be successful in the management aspect of your career, you're going to have to learn how to manage your boss(es), whoever they happen to be". Probably the best advice he ever gave me. :)

B1MM3R 02-28-2014 02:27 PM

So stupid. Anyone know if they go by NADA? 1993 318is average retail is $5,495....iv'e always thought they went by NADA...if thats the case they wont total it.

dc_wright 02-28-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B1MM3R (Post 8178616)
So stupid. Anyone know if they go by NADA? 1993 318is average retail is $5,495....iv'e always thought they went by NADA...if thats the case they wont total it.

It depends on the insurance company. Some use the market guides, some use a private valuation service. Which insurance company are you dealing with?

B1MM3R 02-28-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_wright (Post 8178667)
It depends on the insurance company. Some use the market guides, some use a private valuation service. Which insurance company are you dealing with?

National General

Mapes328i 02-28-2014 02:54 PM

Took of my door panel today to fix my off track window and found that the only thing holding the window up was two wooden Ferring strips, all the arms were bent that would hold it to the track so it's pretty much destroyed now I'm just gonna go to a junkyard and see what i can find to replace the whole thing oh and the door panel was glued on , no interior clips at all. Just my luck

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

TechieTechie 02-28-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_wright (Post 8178597)
...if you're going to be successful in the management aspect of your career, you're going to have to learn how to manage your boss(es), whoever they happen to be". Probably the best advice he ever gave me. :)

I know...I need to put my big boy pants on and have the conversation...I just need to not break down in tears. :cry:. He's the only person who has rattled me so much. Hence the script to remind me I am right! But thank you for reminding me it's a crucial skill to have :)

Kyle, awesome picture. Puppy therapy for everyone. What's the 411 on the little creature?

TechieTechie 02-28-2014 03:02 PM

Jesse, most use a national service. And you should absolutely demand to see the cost breakdown to fix it, as well as the comps they are using to value your car. They undervalued Snowy by more than $5k cause they were using rustbucket, automatic, non-sport wagons. Fight the power :supdude::bs::violent:

Kdoherty 02-28-2014 03:05 PM

I hate to bring down any of the New Englanders, but here it goes anyways... I can't fricken take any more snow. We're supposed to be getting whacked again sunday/monday with anything up to but not more than 18' of snow.

I was THIS close to having the E36 thawed out. looks like it's going to remain a glacier for now. sigh.

B1MM3R 02-28-2014 03:05 PM

Oh, I will! They dont keep in mind coilovers or anything like that do they?

dwonda 02-28-2014 03:21 PM

No, unless you pay to get your car appraised.

KyleDrivesABmw 02-28-2014 03:22 PM

Techietech, I'm not sure was 411 means but its a 10 week old Border collie

jonesin 02-28-2014 03:22 PM

Kyle, 411=information.

dwonda 02-28-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B1MM3R (Post 8178616)

Haha wow and that is for a '93? With how many miles? Meanwhile we are telling that other person in that other thread that the '98 323 vert with only 43k miles he is looking at getting isn't even worth $5000?:dunno:

jonesin 02-28-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj.surr (Post 8177701)
I also recently rode in a new si.... I wasn't super impressed, but I guess it wasn't bad. I'm not a big fan of winding a motor out to 6k to get any usable power

...unless said motor is powering a 2 wheeled vehicular.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwonda (Post 8178754)
Haha wow and that is for a '93? With how many miles? Meanwhile we are telling that other person in that other thread that the '98 323 vert with only 43k miles he is looking at getting isn't even worth $5000?:dunno:

That's the difference betwixt retail and private sale price. Also differing again is trade in value.

jonesin 02-28-2014 03:34 PM

Now this is just disappointing, the thread that spawned this little beauty is erased.

http://i57.tinypic.com/14lrexz.jpg

Believe it or not, I was actually wanting to help this guy...

southpark11235 02-28-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwonda (Post 8178754)

I would take Jesse's e36 in heart beat for only $5,495. That is a steal. Mileage is not very impotent on a e36. A stock one with common maintenance is going to need a lot of stuff replaced just based on age.

southpark11235 02-28-2014 03:47 PM

Can anyone get on bimmerforums.com? I just got an email saying that I asked to reset my password and I can not get on the web site to check on my account.

jonesin 02-28-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southpark11235 (Post 8178814)
Can anyone get on bimmerforums.com? I just got an email saying that I asked to reset my password and I can not get on the web site to check on my account.

Yeah, it seems Chad broke Bf.c also.

southpark11235 02-28-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesin (Post 8178822)
Yeah, it seems Chad broke Bf.c also.

I think they might be being hacked.

EnserioJose 02-28-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeGerman (Post 8176904)
PS: Jose, here is your daily dose of car pr0n. One of the most beautiful cars ever made, which also happens to have the best sounding straight-6 engine ever made.

Those E-types are so gorgeous. Their lines ask you to rub them down with a clean chamois.