Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   The NEW official E36 OT Thread!! (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755579)

dwonda 02-26-2014 09:22 PM

Dude you could be right about that, but it doesn't work the other way around, there are no E.T.'s seen in Star Wars, maybe now that Disney has taken over they will get creative in the next ones.

Eight Thirty 02-26-2014 09:24 PM

anyone go kayaking here? what do i need to know about a kayak and gear and such.

drive by72 02-26-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisscross (Post 8174103)
Who me? I'm around I just don't have much to say lately. I just lurk :)

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Nice to see you're alive! how have you been holding up in this arctic bullshlt being in the middle of the desert :rofl:

crisscross 02-26-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive by72 (Post 8174170)
Nice to see you're alive! how have you been holding up in this arctic bullshlt being in the middle of the desert :rofl:

Good it's been a super mild and dry winter here. Usually we get a bunch if snow since I'm just west of Tahoe but not much this year. I'm jelly of all the snow the rest of the country is getting. You still have the e36?

drive by72 02-26-2014 09:35 PM

Just watched I, Robot for the 50th time. Still gets me every time. VIKI is a bltch lol

dwonda 02-26-2014 09:37 PM

I just watched the last minute (again) of the last episode of season 2 of House of Cards, never thought I could love Kevin Spacey so much.

ZeGerman 02-26-2014 09:39 PM

You finished watching the 2nd season already?! That was quick! I'm taking my time with them.

dwonda 02-26-2014 09:43 PM

Ya I didn't do that, it's way too easy to just watch the next one. I feel like watching episodes back to back can really get you immersed into the story.

TechieTechie 02-26-2014 09:44 PM

IIRC, Patrick is our resident kayaking expert.

Alan, you can have any and all snow that is scheduled to fall in New England. Today is the first day in forever that I didn't have to dodge either a snowpile or ice when running errands. Please Mother Nature, tell us we are done with this crazy winter :)

Oh, and I'm working a pretty good sized ($9M) pursuit now for a retailer in Dallas...and if we win, the partner (some guy I never met until last week) is so impressed, he already called my CA partner because he thinks I'm a rock star and wants me to split time between my new Santa Barbara client and Dallas. I guess I am officially out of last spring's doghouse. Yay!

And with that, I'm off to bed to dream about tacos and crashing servers :)

Eight Thirty 02-26-2014 09:48 PM

ahh ill have to ask patrick tomorrow

thanks jen

Eight Thirty 02-26-2014 09:49 PM

thanks jen

southpark11235 02-26-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwonda (Post 8174163)
Dude you could be right about that, but it doesn't work the other way around, there are no E.T.'s seen in Star Wars, maybe now that Disney has taken over they will get creative in the next ones.

Look at 0:15. E.T.s are in the Star Wars reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAPUGq0VGWg

dwonda 02-26-2014 09:58 PM

Lmao! Lets keep it real because this is serious!

FenderBender 02-26-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eight Thirty (Post 8174165)
anyone go kayaking here? what do i need to know about a kayak and gear and such.

I have on occasion, although I'm not a pro or anything.

I simply take myself and some food/drinks. My GF has a kayak and I simply use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive by72 (Post 8174170)

Since you're on here young Chad, find me a ZF6 Duramax!! CCSB please!

TechieTechie 02-27-2014 05:39 AM

The racoons are so bad here that I had to bring my garbage can inside last night. This thing, as big an e30, tried to tear into it (and would have spread garbage all over my front porch). Even putting a tire on top of the dang bin did not keep that sucker away....he literally pulled the tire, and rim, off the can..resulting in a very loud bang that woke me up out of a dead sleep at 3am. I thought a tree had fallen on the house.

Until I get a garage, does anyone have a foolproof method for raccoon proofing my garbage cans?

PS...wheels are a must have for my can, must go down 6 stairs and across walk & driveway.

Mine looks something like this, with handles on the side http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...9eff71_300.jpg

TheFinanceGuy 02-27-2014 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesin (Post 8173797)
Maybe if we had more people in purple, they wouldn't have taken our home from us :dunno:

More purples!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechieTechie (Post 8173956)
And who sez I'm not purple!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...y_2265600b.jpg

Thanks DF for the reminder!

I took Funny out today for her monthly winter blues ride. Did a few Italian-style carbon removal maneuvers. Oh how I miss her. Only 6 more weeks until the snow will be gone. Thank goodness!

More snow coming on Monday :(

I did finally wash the salt off the 540i. I forgot what color the poor thing was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivinfaster (Post 8173975)
why do i suddenly have an urge to start hugging people and putting my toys away??:eek:

df

:rofl:

EDIT
they dropped the price of this car from $10k to $8k
http://nitra.bmwcpodealer.com/cpo/Ve...-VA/2188731783

KNOWN Inspection Issues:
*Power Steering Lines leaking Fails VA insp
*Lower Control Arms Front have play Fails VA insp
*Tie Rods outer have play Fails VA insp
*Valve Cover Gasket leaking
*Oil Filter Housing Gasket - leaking

Could be fixed pretty quickly and easily. Get it for $7,500, drop a grand and BAM. Soild ZHP for $8,500.

E36 Phantom 02-27-2014 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive by72 (Post 8174018)
Did anyone else notice Alan posted? hes become a ghost member!!!

Chad if i had banker hours which involved sitting by a computer all day I'd have lost 8k posts too so :p

Actually though I did get a new job... at a shop that has a powdercoating oven large enough to park my truck in...

You know I left the bank at the end of the year? I've actually been pretty scarce since then, it's really nice actually having something engaging to do.

And sadly, banker's hours are a notion from many years past. :( Some of our branches were even open 7 days a week! :p

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__

TheFinanceGuy 02-27-2014 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eight Thirty (Post 8174233)

thanks jen

Missed this. What you want to know?

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4138e809.jpg

I have a 10 footer, and a 14 footer. Previously I had a 9.6 footer, but moved up the 14. Left that one at my parents house. I had a sit on top kayak for all of 2 hours. Fell off of it 4 times or so. Sold it at a loss to a guy on the beach on the sold. I HATED that B****.

So yeah- What do you want to know?

TechieTechie 02-27-2014 06:03 AM

Patrick, I thought you wanted imola or death? amirite? Also, no test drives would make me very nervous. Are you ready to sink another $1000 bucks for things that could be wrong, besides the disclosed stuff? Or will they let you bring in an independent mechanic to verify anything else? If the PO didn't fix this stuff, did he even do regular maintenance/oil changes?

Wondering if I should buy something like this and Mcgyver a lock onto it...maybe drill some holes and use a carbiner or a long shackle lock???

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...3d74f3_400.jpg

crisscross 02-27-2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderBender (Post 8174285)

Since you're on here young Chad, find me a ZF6 Duramax!! CCSB please!

Tired of the lb7? Mine has 184000 on it now and I'm retiring it soon. I just picked up an f450 with the 6.7 powerstroke. Are you selling your truck?

EnserioJose 02-27-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechieTechie (Post 8174662)

Wondering if I should buy something like this and Mcgyver a lock onto it...maybe drill some holes and use a carbiner or a long shackle lock???

Just drill some holes into your current trashcan and use heavy duty bungees. You know, the ones that are an inch wide with a rectangular cross section. That worked for me, but my coons can be thwarted by putting a cinder block on the lid.

-----
Another storm dropping nearly a foot of snow is hitting Sunday. Will this winter ever end?

TheFinanceGuy 02-27-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechieTechie (Post 8174662)
Patrick, I thought you wanted imola or death? amirite? Also, no test drives would make me very nervous. Are you ready to sink another $1000 bucks for things that could be wrong, besides the disclosed stuff? Or will they let you bring in an independent mechanic to verify anything else? If the PO didn't fix this stuff, did he even do regular maintenance/oil changes?

I'm holding out for imola- no worries. It makes the car tempting, and if I still living in the area, I would have to go check it out.
They can't allow test drives because it doesn't pass VA inspection-so the car isn't legal on the road.

That is the trash barrel that I have, and I'll tell you they are heavy and HUGE! Mine have to be stored in the garage (HOA says so), and they take up a lot of space.
Would be easy enough to put a shackle type lock on top- though I like Jose's idea about a think bungee... That might hold it down better. As a lock will still allow the sides to flex a bit.

Brake_L8 02-27-2014 07:03 AM

My parents have both registered for Hyperdrives at Summit Point in April. Dad's going to drive the M3 and Mom will be in the Crossfire. He did one Hyperdrive before, in my old Miata, and loved it. I'm excited for them both to be out there now!

drivinfaster 02-27-2014 07:05 AM

jen, you can use heavy duty bungees to keep the lid secure, but also you may wish to install motion detector lighting around the cans.

in the summertime you can also use a motion activated sprinkler. not sure if there is a pneumatic unit or not, but that could work in the winter.

df

EnserioJose 02-27-2014 07:17 AM

Well it's officially official, Chadopher's ballerdom could not be contained in one OT thread. He broke bimmerfest.