Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015) (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   I finally got my refund check from BMW (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1338775)

Jerry 745Li 07-16-2019 01:57 PM

I finally got my refund check from BMW

Back in October 2018 I submitted my claim for reimbursement for the cost of up to 8 quarts of oil as per the Bang v. BMW lawsuit regarding high oil consumption in the N63 engine. And 9 months later I finally got my check for a cool $74.20. Know that they actually DENIED my initial claim for the reason, get this, I didn't use the proper oil. I sent them the receipt from the dealer. How much clearer could it have been. I think they were hoping I wouldn't spend the extra time to fight the denial. Anyway, I have had no problem getting the oil changed using the 3 vouchers they sent, which covers about half the cost. Did not go with engine replacement. Cheaper to simply keep adding oil.

Jerry

HerbP 07-16-2019 02:18 PM

They just admitted that they are responsible for your engine problems by sending you a refund for the oil you purchased from them!

Jerry 745Li 07-17-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerbP (Post 13055677)
They just admitted that they are responsible for your engine problems by sending you a refund for the oil you purchased from them!

Actually if you look at the details of the lawsuit BMW still maintains there is nothing wrong with these engines. They just settled to keep the outrageous litigation fees to a minimum.

Jerry

pilotb777 07-26-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerbP (Post 13055677)

I have had nothing but trouble from my 750 XI M , 2010, after the major engine work for the N63 class action was done at the dealer and paid for by BMW for the oil consumption, same day I was advised to change the radiator, fuel pump , BATTERY and other minor stuff, bill $3700.

Recently got the chassis malfunction warning, dealer said need new coils, paid $1400. The day I picked it up , minutes later the chassis malfunction warning was still there. Now I am told it is the power steering, $4800 to fix, purchased the car back in 2010, first owner, always dealer maintained, low miles, the car trade in value is $10000+_ , this is my 8th BMW, never owned another brand, but IT IS MY LAST BMW ever. They do not make them the way they used to, my car is a lemon. I never thought Ill ever saying negative things about BMW, but these cars have major problems, going to get a Toyota Tundra, depreciates 15% in 3 years and no problems.

I also contacted a class action attorney in Philadelphia today about starting a class action about this chassis malfunction, if you google it, you'll see thousands reporting this problem, attorney is studying the case to see if he will start the class action.

pilotb777 07-26-2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry 745Li (Post 13055647)
Back in October 2018 I submitted my claim for reimbursement for the cost of up to 8 quarts of oil as per the Bang v. BMW lawsuit regarding high oil consumption in the N63 engine. And 9 months later I finally got my check for a cool $74.20. Know that they actually DENIED my initial claim for the reason, get this, I didn't use the proper oil. I sent them the receipt from the dealer. How much clearer could it have been. I think they were hoping I wouldn't spend the extra time to fight the denial. Anyway, I have had no problem getting the oil changed using the 3 vouchers they sent, which covers about half the cost. Did not go with engine replacement. Cheaper to simply keep adding oil.

Jerry

Did you submit the receipts for the oil to BMW or the class settlement administrator?

Jerry 745Li 07-27-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilotb777 (Post 13064379)
Did you submit the receipts for the oil to BMW or the class settlement administrator?

I submitted everything on-line at the site https://bangclasssettlement.com
, however I no longer see the on-line submission page on the website now. After they denied my claim I had to snail mail everything to them. If you want to submit a claim, if they are still accepting them, contact the administrator via email on the website. They usually returned my emails the same day.

Jerry

pilotb777 08-11-2019 06:27 PM

Thank you. I did follow up and sent the receipts for the oil purchased.