Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current) (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Fuel door issue on 330e (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1336913)

Kristianl 07-02-2019 04:53 AM

Fuel door issue on 330e

Hi
I have a problem with the fuel door/latch on my 330e, mainly when its very low on fuel.
Its pressurized so i have to open with a botton but I get an error message when its very low and cant open the latch. I have to pull the wire from inside the trunk.

It always works with quarter full tank.

Anyone else have this issue?
Or a fix.

Bmw said its not uncommon and basickly advised me to live with it.

John MS 07-02-2019 12:31 PM

Keep the tank filled 1/4 or more.

SteveinArizona 07-02-2019 02:08 PM

I never had that problem on my former 330e nor on my current 530e. However, I try not to let it get below 1/4 tank because I don't want to be drawing up only old gasoline. It does sound like BS as one would think that this would be in the manual if all the phevs needed to be at least 1/4 full.

I sense here a template for BMW service techs...if they can't identify and fix the problem, then just say they all do it and its normal.

Kristianl 07-03-2019 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveinArizona (Post 13043367)
I never had that problem on my former 330e nor on my current 530e. However, I try not to let it get below 1/4 tank because I don't want to be drawing up only old gasoline. It does sound like BS as one would think that this would be in the manual if all the phevs needed to be at least 1/4 full.

I sense here a template for BMW service techs...if they can't identify and fix the problem, then just say they all do it and its normal.

Yeah, that makes sense.
It wasnt that bmw didnt want to fix the fault, they just said it was not worth the cost... So, i guess i will get used to not running it below 1/4.

PK2348 07-03-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristianl (Post 13043785)
Yeah, that makes sense.
It wasnt that bmw didnt want to fix the fault, they just said it was not worth the cost... So, i guess i will get used to not running it below 1/4.

i would be bringing this car in for service everytime this happens and requesting a loaner.
Did they really say that? Not worth the cost to whom? Them or you?

Kristianl 07-03-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PK2348 (Post 13044029)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristianl (Post 13043785)
Yeah, that makes sense.

i would be bringing this car in for service everytime this happens and requesting a loaner.
Did they really say that? Not worth the cost to whom? Them or you?

Me. I only have a standard service agreement and its out of warranty.

TheAirman 07-06-2019 09:06 PM

I usually run mine down until the needle is at "0", and I get sick of hearing the 10 or 15 mile range remaining warnings. At that point, I'm only running in Max eDrive until I get to the gas station.

On a hot day, the tank might not be "ready for refueling" on the first button press, and that might take more than 1 minute. On the second button press it opens right up.

Have you tried waiting the time to press the button twice after the error message before pulling the emergency cable? On a hot day, with a low tank, it might take a few minutes.

Kristianl 07-08-2019 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAirman (Post 13046981)
I usually run mine down until the needle is at "0", and I get sick of hearing the 10 or 15 mile range remaining warnings. At that point, I'm only running in Max eDrive until I get to the gas station.

On a hot day, the tank might not be "ready for refueling" on the first button press, and that might take more than 1 minute. On the second button press it opens right up.

Have you tried waiting the time to press the button twice after the error message before pulling the emergency cable? On a hot day, with a low tank, it might take a few minutes.

Yes, i have. Sometimes it opens, sometimes not. I think its the pressure system thats failing because when it worked i could hear the sound of air when i open it but not anymore.