Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 G01 (2018 - current) (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Bye Bye BMW for now (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1356887)

FCBayernFTW 11-26-2019 10:01 PM

Bye Bye BMW for now

This past weekend I traded in my X3 for a Merc GLC coupeí

For any of you familiar with me since the old e9x forum heyday, itís been a fun an evolutionary time.

About 10 days ago I looked at the X6 and 4. They didnít have enough comfort (to me) that warranted trading my X3.

Forward to last Friday. My wife and I decided to check out the local Merc dealer. I sat in the new GLC coupe and was immediately captured by it. The comfort and sophisticated (not over engineered) look of the ďcoupeĒ just looked more attractive to me.

I love BMW and certainly cannot rule out coming back, but for now, Iím really in joying this new vehicle.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...06afe08023.jpg

Iíll still lurk, and enjoy the discussions here.Thanks everyone.

jjrandorin 11-26-2019 10:13 PM

:thumbup:

Stansx5 11-27-2019 02:31 PM

Your right

Like you have owned BMWs for longer than I want to think about. I did have a GLC43. It was awesome. The new Mercedes SUVs are all much more refined, much better interior, electronics etc.. However BMW still are faster, handle better but thatís it. Ride quality is usually better in the Merc depending on the tire and wheel choices

Jon Shafer 11-27-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCBayernFTW (Post 13172135)
This past weekend I traded in my X3 for a Merc GLC coupe'

For any of you familiar with me since the old e9x forum heyday, it's been a fun an evolutionary time.

About 10 days ago I looked at the X6 and 4. They didn't have enough comfort (to me) that warranted trading my X3.

Forward to last Friday. My wife and I decided to check out the local Merc dealer. I sat in the new GLC coupe and was immediately captured by it. The comfort and sophisticated (not over engineered) look of the "coupe" just looked more attractive to me.

I love BMW and certainly cannot rule out coming back, but for now, I'm really in joying this new vehicle.

I'll still lurk, and enjoy the discussions here.Thanks everyone.

Good luck to you, hopefully you will be back next time around..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stansx5 (Post 13172881)
Like you have owned BMWs for longer than I want to think about. I did have a GLC43. It was awesome. The new Mercedes SUVs are all much more refined, much better interior, electronics etc.. However BMW still are faster, handle better but that's it. Ride quality is usually better in the Merc depending on the tire and wheel choices

And therein lies the true difference of the two brands.

:thumbup:

FCBayernFTW 11-27-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stansx5 (Post 13172881)
Like you have owned BMWs for longer than I want to think about. I did have a GLC43. It was awesome. The new Mercedes SUVs are all much more refined, much better interior, electronics etc.. However BMW still are faster, handle better but thatís it. Ride quality is usually better in the Merc depending on the tire and wheel choices

Truth. I was never really a HP or 0-60 guy, and my last BMW was an attempt at comfort without getting a sedan.

Iím content with my choice.

Both brands are fantastic and they each have their own branding to adhere to.

astrohip 11-28-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCBayernFTW (Post 13172135)
This past weekend I traded in my X3 for a Merc GLC coupeí

Congrats on your new car. I just helped my mother and my sister both get new MBs in the last month--a GLC for my mom, the GLE for my sister. I was impressed with both of them.

I will confess when I read your post, I thought "Merc?" Mercury?!? WTF is FCBayernFTW doing in a Mercury. :drive: :)

xx 11-28-2019 04:10 PM

Mercury huh?? Normally I hear people call it MB or Benz. I swear I've heard some call it benzi lol.

FCBayernFTW 11-28-2019 04:18 PM

Bye Bye BMW for now

Quote:

Originally Posted by xx (Post 13173765)
Mercury huh?? Normally I hear people call it MB or Benz. I swear I've heard some call it benzi lol.

[emoji23][emoji23] [emoji2369]

You know how we sound when we correct people over beemer? IJS

FCBayernFTW 11-29-2019 08:40 AM

Hey, no subscription ACP or grey market coding for it.

xx 11-29-2019 08:42 AM

Hmmm... is that good or bad??

luigi524td 11-29-2019 09:14 AM

I admit I looked at the MB sedans at the NYC Auto Show in April ... but the E class rear seat leg/foot room was really lacking. And when I adjusted the seat in the E as I would drive it it really felt "small". I suppose on the road that could be an advantage but since we sometimes have passengers that was a knock out. I will admit that the NEW MB "look" is pretty good ... Haven't heard anything overwhelming about their electronics and drivetrain. That said - enjoy your transition to the MB ... but I have a feeling you might be back!

FCBayernFTW 11-29-2019 11:58 AM

Bye Bye BMW for now

Perhaps.

Empty nester here so rear leg room is not a priority for me.

Looks are subjective, but I like this much better than the X4

FCBayernFTW 12-01-2019 08:47 PM

All cleaned and shined up.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d657c95cbe.jpg

Autoputzer 12-02-2019 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCBayernFTW (Post 13174289)
Perhaps.

Empty nester here so rear leg room is not a priority for me.

Looks are subjective, but I like this much better than the X4

Yeah, the M-B SUV's are cleaner looking than the BMW's, especially the non-M and non-M Sport BMW's. I think Frau Putzer's non-M Sport X3 looks like a Subaru Outback with all the plastic cladding along the bottom. But, a 16 year outstanding relationship with "my" BMW dealership, and the lack of non-RFT's on M-B's meant that we never bothered looking at the M-B's.

Unlike with the F48 X1's, you can't get non-RFT's on an M Sport G01 X3 30i. So, we didn't get the M Sport Package, saving us about $2500. I'll spend much of that $2500 on Armor-All for all that black plastic, though.

Nothing screams "I'm a baller" better than a clean car when it's cold outside, and it definitely looks cold there.

FCBayernFTW 12-02-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autoputzer (Post 13176233)
Nothing screams "I'm a baller" better than a clean car when it's cold outside, and it definitely looks cold there.

I really appreciate my 3.5 garage.

Yea we had that snowstorm early last week.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5d9c25fb6c.jpg

Schnee38 12-09-2019 03:08 PM

Looks nice, congrats! I am going to be leaving the BMW fold sometime next year, ordering a Cayenne E Hybrid so I can do my in town driving on electric.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

FCBayernFTW 12-09-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnee38 (Post 13183857)
Looks nice, congrats! I am going to be leaving the BMW fold sometime next year, ordering a Cayenne E Hybrid so I can do my in town driving on electric.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

Nice! I look forward to reading about itís efficiency.

One more.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c5f4532a53.jpg

Schnee38 12-11-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCBayernFTW (Post 13183895)
Nice! I look forward to reading about itís efficiency.

One more.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c5f4532a53.jpg

Hopefully it will be pretty good. I've been over on Rennlist and people are averaging 27-30 with their E Hybrids, not bad for a 5700lb, 455hp SUV. My husband will be taking my X3, so I will still be on the boards.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

Schnee38 12-11-2019 07:33 AM

Also, not sure why BMW can't make the X4 and X6 look as good as MB has made the GLC and GLE coupes look.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

FCBayernFTW 12-11-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnee38 (Post 13185433)
Also, not sure why BMW can't make the X4 and X6 look as good as MB has made the GLC and GLE coupes look.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

Thereís a lot going on with the rump of the X4. TBH I like the X4, but it felt like I was buying the same vehicle when I sat in it.