Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current) (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Ventilated Seats Please! (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437617)

MikeTerp 08-20-2011 04:31 PM

I have nothing against the idea of ventilated seats, and can easily imagine many instances where I wish I had them in my E90 with black leather interior. That said, I bought a BMW to drive it, not a Lexus to "ride in it". My main worry is that BMW's of all classes seem to continue to get longer and heavier with each iteration. If the F30, even with a four banger as standard equipment, continues this trend to "whaleness", and ventilated seats contribute to it, then I am against it. Frankly, BMW is at the point after the F10 debacle, that they have to decide if they want to continue to be BMW or are now on their way to morphing into another Lexus. God forbid.

bmw_enthusiasm 08-20-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeTerp (Post 6268341)
Frankly, BMW is at the point after the F10 debacle, that they have to decide if they want to continue to be BMW or are now on their way to morphing into another Lexus. God forbid.

Yup...I am with you 100% on that...
supposedly the new 1 and 2 series will address these issues..

commendatori 09-03-2011 07:32 PM

When your 335 coupe with black leather is a daily driver and you put 15k miles/year in the Miami heat, you too would wish every day for a cool ventilated seat when you are stuck in traffic on I95 for an hour.

When I pay $58k for car (all options except Cold Weather pkg), this is a major drawback. This car is PERFECT, except for this one, but major drawback. I'd gladly pay extra for this, and if you don't want to get it, don't.

This might be a lost cause, but is Anybody out there aware of any after market install for this?

FCBayernFTW 09-03-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmw_enthusiasm (Post 6268635)
Yup...I am with you 100% on that...
supposedly the new 1 and 2 series will address these issues..

All this enthusiast talk about how frumpy the 3er has gotten....lol, Get the 1er FFS! BMW is going towards luxury, which is what the majority wants. The consolation is the 1er, but I have a feeling some enthusiasts are above getting a 1er. How could they not, the 3er has been steadily growing, and still enthusiasts overlook the 1er with the n54 and less weight than the 3er.... LOLing at the irony

Sent from my BMW Approved© HTC Desire using BimmerApp

mstrq 10-15-2011 05:01 PM

Well. Now we know F30 will not be offered with ventilated seats. But I was hoping for softer and cushier leather on the seats. Just like the leather on M3 cars. Or that ivory leather on Z4. Sometimes I felt like I was sitting on a wood bench in my E93...

Funny thing. Ventilated seats and keyless go were standard on 07 Lexus ES350. And they were optional on 07 Benz S550. They are still optional on more expensive cars like F10, Cayenne, etc. Benz E350 is not even offered with ventilated seats.