BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Decisions, Decisions...need a little advice

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  danac787 
#1 ·
Thanks in advance for whatever advice you can give here:

I am going to be ready to order a new M4 in May of 2017. I currently have a 2008 M3 convertible.

I understand that there is a body style change due in 2018. One can only assume there will be changes to the M4 Power train as well.

The question is:

Should I wait? I realize you cannot continue to wait, things change all the time. is the body change really 2018? or is it a 2019 model year? May isn't a deadline for me, its just when i will have enough saved for the down payment. Waiting until August Sept of 2017 is no big deal.

what would you do?

thanks again, just looking for different perspective.

or screw it and just get the 2017 AMG c63s :)

#3 ·
Thanks, what I am trying to figure out is if the 2018 is the new model year...or is it a 2019 model year debuting in 2018? I agree waiting a few months like you did to get the next model year is probably not a bad idea regardless. I was so busy worrying about the body style..hadnt thought about that aspect..thanks.

#6 ·
#7 ·
MY2018 is the M4 LCI.

M model LCI mean tailight changes and a few interior upgrades, not a complete body change if that is what you are referring to. And except one single case (the Z3M in MY2000), LCI means no power increase in M models.

Thanks in advance for whatever advice you can give here:

I am going to be ready to order a new M4 in May of 2017. I currently have a 2008 M3 convertible.

I understand that there is a body style change due in 2018. One can only assume there will be changes to the M4 Power train as well.

The question is:

Should I wait? I realize you cannot continue to wait, things change all the time. is the body change really 2018? or is it a 2019 model year? May isn't a deadline for me, its just when i will have enough saved for the down payment. Waiting until August Sept of 2017 is no big deal.

what would you do?

thanks again, just looking for different perspective.

or screw it and just get the 2017 AMG c63s :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.