Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   3 Series & 4 Series (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Odd Rear Window Problem (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9450)

GSR13 07-16-2002 10:00 AM

Odd Rear Window Problem

Well, here is an interesting one. Not sure if anyone has ever noticed this or even has this problem, but here goes:

Step One: Roll windows down with Keyless Entry Remote
Step Two: Release the Button before the Rear Windows go all the way down.
Step Three: Turn on Car
Step Four: Attempt to use the Auto-Up Window Switch to roll the Rear Passenger Window up.

Problem: The window will _not_ roll up automatically. The Switch has to be held the entire time to get the window to roll up.

After a time, the AutoRollUp works again. I plan on testing a few more variables, such as rolling the windows all the way down and seeing what happens. I also plan on testing rolling the windows up with the Door Lock and see what happens.

I just found it odd. All three other windows work fine in this scenario, just the right rear has a problem.

Anyone else willing to give this a try and see what happens?

webguy330i 07-16-2002 11:11 AM

I will try it as soon as I leave work and let you know what's goin down! I swear a little troll sits in my back seat and stops my rear window from rolling up (auto up) sometimes, so maybe this is the real problem.

GSR13 07-17-2002 07:23 PM

I don't suppose someone gave this a try?

I would be most interested if 2002 owners tried it. A lady I work with has a 2001 E46 and hers does not experience this glitch.

Any help would be great.

webguy330i 07-18-2002 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GSR13
I don't suppose someone gave this a try?

I would be most interested if 2002 owners tried it. A lady I work with has a 2001 E46 and hers does not experience this glitch.

Any help would be great.

I sure did, yesterday and this morning, and I had no problems. :dunno:

GSR13 07-18-2002 07:50 AM

Well, thanks for trying. Hopefully, a 2002 325i owner will catch this thread and give it a try.

Not sure if it really constitutes something worth trying to get fixed, but it is kind of annoying.

webguy330i 07-18-2002 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GSR13
Well, thanks for trying. Hopefully, a 2002 325i owner will catch this thread and give it a try.

Not sure if it really constitutes something worth trying to get fixed, but it is kind of annoying.

I think it definitely constitutes something to get fixed. It's one of those features I could probably live without, but since I have it, I want it to work dammit! I'm sure you feel the same. :)

GSR13 07-18-2002 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by webguy330i

I think it definitely constitutes something to get fixed. It's one of those features I could probably live without, but since I have it, I want it to work dammit! I'm sure you feel the same. :)

Well, it works. It just does not work immediately after rolling my windows down with the remote. Not something I even do all that often, but still something I would like fixed.

I just thought it might be one of those glitches that is in every 2002 325i. Who knows. I will definately have the dealer take a look.