Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current) (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Ventilated Seats Please! (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437617)

Jess10K 03-01-2010 10:39 PM

Ventilated Seats Please!
 
I am saving up and deciding between the Infiniti G37 and the BMW 328i(or whatever they will call it next year). Please BMW, please please please introduce an option for ventilated seats into the next-gen 328i convertible, sedan, and coupe. It will tip my decision in your favor. All people who live anywhere in the US that wants ventilated seats in the 328, please post here. Maybe BMW will listen. Otherwise, they won't get my 47000.

kunal_D 03-03-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess10K (Post 4982526)
I am saving up and deciding between the Infiniti G37 and the BMW 328i(or whatever they will call it next year). Please BMW, please please please introduce an option for ventilated seats into the next-gen 328i convertible, sedan, and coupe. It will tip my decision in your favor. All people who live anywhere in the US that wants ventilated seats in the 328, please post here. Maybe BMW will listen. Otherwise, they won't get my 47000.

If ventilated seats are what is going to tip your decision, then you aren't buying the BMW for the right reasons. The G37 is a nice car, but its no BMW when it comes to performance, handling, ride quality, and composure. If these things don't matter to you then buy the Infiniti

kontir 03-03-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess10K (Post 4982526)
I am saving up and deciding between the Infiniti G37 and the BMW 328i(or whatever they will call it next year). Please BMW, please please please introduce an option for ventilated seats into the next-gen 328i convertible, sedan, and coupe. It will tip my decision in your favor. All people who live anywhere in the US that wants ventilated seats in the 328, please post here. Maybe BMW will listen. Otherwise, they won't get my 47000.

I think you are out of luck!

mybluesky 03-04-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kontir (Post 4988516)
I think you are out of luck!

+1 It's not happening.
Get the G37

kontir 03-04-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybluesky (Post 4989696)
+1 It's not happening.
Get the G37

Y get the G37? Get the 3. What you need the ventilated seats for? Not a big difference at all.

mybluesky 03-04-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kontir (Post 4990385)
Y get the G37? Get the 3. What you need the ventilated seats for? Not a big difference at all.

Because he already said if BMW doesn't have ventilated seats they won't get his 47k meaning he's going to buy the G37. Not sure why OP wants ventilated seats so badly...

kontir 03-04-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybluesky (Post 4991264)
Because he already said if BMW doesn't have ventilated seats they won't get his 47k meaning he's going to buy the G37. Not sure why OP wants ventilated seats so badly...

I understand that. I dont understand either why he wants ventilated seats so badly!

listerone 03-07-2010 04:13 PM

My Infiniti M had ventilated seats,the first time I had ever had that feature.Very,very welcome it was.I miss it terribly in my "d".

listerone 03-07-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kontir (Post 4991306)
I understand that. I dont understand either why he wants ventilated seats so badly!

Some of us have sweatier hindquarters than others.Perhaps you're one of the lucky ones.

335bhak 03-15-2010 01:15 PM

Ventalated seats will not make your G37 on par with a bimmer... sorry

alvaro1728 03-15-2010 05:36 PM

Hell Yeah!
 
Hell yes! I had them in my Lexus ES 350 and they cooled my butt and my back very nicely. Now when my daughter hugs me after coming home from a 35 minute commute, she gets grossed out by my sweaty back. :eek:

BMWnachverruckt 03-15-2010 08:30 PM

If the next generation of BMW 3 series has ventilated seats, I may not buy another one again...

MikeTerp 03-20-2010 11:49 AM

I hate threads like this.

kontir 03-21-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeTerp (Post 5033186)
I hate threads like this.

Why? Probably the F30 will have ventilated seats because the new X3 comes with ventilated seats.

nealh 03-22-2010 05:40 PM

do any of you live in FL? In the summer the leather is stupid hot. I have a 650i with the "cooler" leather and tinted windows, the inside must get to 150 degrees.

I think ventilated seats should be an option on all models. I could not believe the 08 650i did not offer it.

I would love this option and personally I can decide on a M3 or 5 series becasue of this. I am not seeing the option yet on the 6 series:(

On the subject the HUD should be avail. on the 3 series as well. But I hear the dash size is the issue????

Weaselboy 03-23-2010 08:05 AM

+1 Vented seats would be a nice option for those of us that live in hotter climates.

cwsqbm 03-23-2010 03:15 PM

I'd love ventilated seats. It may have snowed a couple days ago, but the leather is hot in the summer - I hate the sweaty back. Of course, cloth seats would a nice other, but we've got some silly idea that luxury means having leather.

nealh 03-23-2010 03:28 PM

I would love cloth seats also

Marsden 04-06-2010 07:37 PM

Ventilated seats are good. Unless you live in Hudson Bay territory.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...ntilation.html

They are especially essential for convertibles.

That is all :p

mujjuman 04-09-2010 01:00 PM

what in the world are ventilated seats?

jusmills 04-17-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nealh (Post 5039537)
do any of you live in FL? In the summer the leather is stupid hot. I have a 650i with the "cooler" leather and tinted windows, the inside must get to 150 degrees.

I think ventilated seats should be an option on all models. I could not believe the 08 650i did not offer it.

I would love this option and personally I can decide on a M3 or 5 series becasue of this. I am not seeing the option yet on the 6 series:(

On the subject the HUD should be avail. on the 3 series as well. But I hear the dash size is the issue????

So true, even with sun visors/reflector, windows open, my seats and interior are at least 150 in the summer...ventilated seats should be an option, BMW owners getting SAS (sweaty a$$ syndrome) shouldn't be an option.

Z4luvr 04-17-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mujjuman (Post 5090612)
what in the world are ventilated seats?

They channel air conditioning through your seat leather. I drove an X5 with them and they worked pretty well on a hot day. I wanted them for my last 5er until I figured out how much they cost and that you must special order them. They were a priority one option on 5ers, but it cost over $3500 to get them (required special leather). Nissan offers them as a higher package at a very cheap price. I was considering a Maxima with a ventilated driver seat, but I needed the handling and the twins on my 5er more than the cool seat.

infiniti24 05-29-2010 10:24 PM

I personally really like the vented seats. I wish my m3 had them:(

energetik9 07-28-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeTerp (Post 5033186)
I hate threads like this.

Yes, and the rest of us don't care. You get the 3 for the sport and performance. Get the Infinity for the ventilated seats, or the special knob, or the super special air gusts from the ventilation.

MrBonus 08-02-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by energetik9 (Post 5357259)
Yes, and the rest of us don't care. You get the 3 for the sport and performance. Get the Infinity for the ventilated seats, or the special knob, or the super special air gusts from the ventilation.

I disagree completely. I bought the 335 for comfort and economy. If I want sport or performance, I'm looking to other brands (Or something from the M line), not a 3600 - 3800 pound sedan with a laggy throttle, a numb ride, and leather/heated seats/navigation. My 3-series is my first true luxury car and ventilated seats are a glaring omission on a $54,000 sedan, especially when my friend's IS350 comes with them in a cheaper car.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.