BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Inland Empre Caravan

12K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  troy h 
#1 ·
Does anyone from the Inland Empire want to meet up and caravan to SB?

#3 ·
hey fellas, I'm from Rancho. We should meet up and then caravan up. There's gotta be more IE people than this. I have 2 other 3 series comeing along. We can get a mini caravan and meet up with LA caravan if you like.

#5 ·
time: 6:30-6:45 meet, leave 7:00 am to meet up with LA caravan at 7:45

bring your FRS radios

yahoo maps says its a good 50 mins to get to balboa park. we have bimmers and V1s so I say we get there in less than 40 mins without traffic.

hope to see you guys there!

#9 ·
JT///M3 said:
time: 6:30-6:45 meet, leave 7:00 am to meet up with LA caravan at 7:45

bring your FRS radios

yahoo maps says its a good 50 mins to get to balboa park. we have bimmers and V1s so I say we get there in less than 40 mins without traffic.

hope to see you guys there!
JT,
Where is the Fairplex parking lot

#10 · (Edited)
sorry I wasn't more clear. When you are heading west on I-10 and you exit Fairplex, you will see the parking lot right next to the freeway. Exit and take a right and it will be on your right hand side. Don't actually go all the way to the fairgrounds, which is all the way up the hill and down further. The parking lot where we will meet is visible from the freeway. I'll try to get there a little early and park my car facing the freeway offramp so you guys can see. It'll be the Cosmos E36 M3 with a Topaz 325Ci and a Black 325Ci. Hope that helps!

#26 ·
bmw club out of apple valley ca

hey i see u guys are trying to get something going....me and a few others are trying to get a bmw club meet going up in the high desert but we need more people anyone down to do a bimmer meet....we are all cool guys and like to help people who have the interest

#12 ·
JT///M3 said:
sorry I wasn't more clear. When you are heading west on I-10 and you exit Fairplex, you will see the parking lot right next to the freeway. Exit and take a right and it will be on your right hand side. Don't actually go all the way to the fairgrounds, which is all the way up the hill and down further. The parking lot where we will meet is visible from the freeway. I'll try to get there a little early and park my car facing the freeway offramp so you guys can see. It'll be the Cosmos E36 M3 with a Topaz 325Ci and a Black 325Ci. Hope that helps!
Thanks JT!!!!!

:thumbup:

#13 ·
WilliamsKR said:
Thanks JT!!!!!

:thumbup:
Oh nice, a meet beforehand :) Are you sure there's a Fairplex exit? I live in Pomona and I don't recall a Fairplex exit...I do know Dudley St. though (which is on the I-10 W) which comes up after the fairplex. Can you tell me where the Fairplex exit is? I would wanna meet up with you guys so we can all head to Balboa Park together. I think we should leave by 6:50 AM though, just to give us some extra time (we don't wanna miss the LA caravan to SB!)

Let me know the final details so I can meet up with you guys, I'm pretty sure you guys need an Estoril Blue up in there!

#14 · (Edited)
I hope I didn't confuse everyone. I drove past this site today. I saw that the exit is Fairplex Dr. Its one of those 2 part exits, the kind that you enter and the first exit is something (Dudley like you said) and a little further down, there is Fairplex Drive. I saw that the parking lot is not visible initially until you actually have already passed it (if you hadn't already entered the exit lane earlier at Dudley. After you exit Fairplex Drive, you go up the hill and take a right onto Fairplex Dr. Then you proceed up further and turn right at the first street (Gillete Rd) and make your way downwards toward the parking lot that is next to the freeway. M3teknitian, correct any of this if it is wrong.

#15 ·
there is a Fairway Dr. exit going both East and West on I-10. If you're coming from west going east on I-10, exit and take a left and proceed up the hill and take a right at Gillete Rd. M3teknitian, if you are in the area, can you confirm this info. Thanks!

#16 · (Edited)
Hey, I just saw the mapquest and buffed my memory a bit, and yep, the directions you gave are perfectly correct. It's a good meeting spot too, not too hard to spot. I'm down for that area!

Oh yeah, just to make sure we're all clear on this...we're still gonna meet up with the rest of them @ Balboa Park right?

#17 ·
yep, we're meeting with the LA caravan hopefully at 745-8ish. I already contacted the guys that are running the LA and OC caravans as to cordinate our meeting and departure as a group. We should be good that day. one more day!

#19 ·
Kruzin,
I think you have to take 10east from the 71. I believe the junction is west of the Fairplex exit. Check to make sure. So what time are you leaving Riverside? I might stay at my friend's house in Riverside tonight. I was thinking of leaving Riverside around 5:45 am. I'll be right off Tyler.

#20 ·
antetr95 said:
Kruzin,
I think you have to take 10east from the 71. I believe the junction is west of the Fairplex exit. Check to make sure. So what time are you leaving Riverside? I might stay at my friend's house in Riverside tonight. I was thinking of leaving Riverside around 5:45 am. I'll be right off Tyler.
now we're talking caravan :)

#23 ·
Yeah its safe ^_^

Alright dudes, I HOPE you all are gonna be there, I don't wanna be the only one at the parking lot....

So the final location goes as follows:

Exit FAIRPLEX DR. from the I-10 going WEST (before the CA-57 N)
PARKING LOT should be immediately visible after you exit off of the freeway, where the meet will be.
Arrive between 6:30 AM - 7:00 AM, leave for BALBOA PARK around 7:15 AM or so.

Antetr, JT, wanna confirm that for me? See ya guys there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.