Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   G30 (2017 - Current) (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Connected app issues (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1330027)

Bebespapa 05-12-2019 09:09 AM

Connected app issues

Lately my Connected app has been having some issues. I'm wondering if anyone else is having similar problems and if you were able to correct them

I can no longer condition the car at will, I get a failed message very quickly. If I set it up to condition at a spefic day/time it works just fine. But the condition now doesn't work.

The app doesn't update any of the last ride edrive info. Seems like it's stuck after a drive a week ago.

I have deleted and reloaded the app, no change. I also went through the help area in the app with no joy either. I did update the connected software in the car, also didn't help. I did contact bmw, but have head nothing back yet. All the other stuff works, like lock, unlock, horn and lights.

Iphone 7.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Dave38# 05-13-2019 02:34 AM

Connected app issues G20

My new G20 arrived with the locator showing old location, the docks where it arrived in the UK!
After 3 weeks it suddenly changed on 6 May to my home address. Since then no change. Tresting by me reveals that the SOS function knows where the car is, as does the customer services. So, the car is sending the right info to BMW. Turns out the BMW systems are not that well connected, lots of bits that do not share info. Unfortunately, NONE of the BMW people care about this, the standard response is wait for Germany. Dealer is the same response.
Cannot work out why BMW UK and my dealer do not realise the damage being done to the brand...
Anyone else having an issue?

BobRBob 05-13-2019 05:13 AM

Connected Drive is definitely a work in progress as features are added and existing ones stop working for no apparent reason. I was unable to send an address to my car from the Connected App or from Google for almost a year. Then it just suddenly started working again. Annoying but the overall trend is positive. The dealer can't help because most of the time you know more than they do and they get no support (on these issues) from BMW. Just how it is for now. I don't see this doing damage to the brand though. The problems just aren't that big a deal.

Bebespapa 05-13-2019 07:51 AM

Well, I find it very frustrating for a couple reasons. 1, I didn't pay ~ $60000 for a car that doesn't do what they say it will. Apps cover all sorts of products nowadays, this should be simple to fix. 2, I love this car and all the info and tech it has available, it's almost a hobby tracking and dealing with it. See#2.
Hopefully I will hear from BMW soon.

BobRBob 05-13-2019 04:16 PM

Yes, it's frustrating. As for being simple to fix, seems like it should be but BMW is a car company, not a software company and it shows...

Dave38# 05-14-2019 01:30 AM

All well and good for BMW to be a car company, but the car is full of software controlled things such as steering vibrate, assisted lane correction etc.
Imaging the software deciding it will over correct a non-issue and I have an incident!!!
What price 'not a software company' then?
'The customer can go hang' is just plain arrogant in my mind.

BobRBob 05-14-2019 05:44 AM

I was referring to the Connected Drive software. BMW does a superb job with software components that are vital to the operation of the car (ECU, X-Drive, ABS, DCS, adaptive cruise control, crash mitigation etc.). I can't explain their problems with communications software.

Dave38# 05-14-2019 06:21 AM

Hi

Fully agree that BMW 'probably' does a good job with the safety software, I am a bit reluctant to try and drive into an English Oak tree just to test it!!!

Might be good if SOMEONE in BMW UK or Germany could explain why they cannot do communications software, then they might be part way to fixing it.....

The communications stuff related to SOS works, so the info does get as far as a BMW server somewhere. sigh (UK version of fed up!)

Bebespapa 05-18-2019 06:48 PM

Quick update, I got tired of not getting any help with the troublesome app. Called BMW y ester day and spoke with a woman, who really tried help me, really didn't have solution. Two hours later, I tried it again and everything worked perfectly. And still is working. Hope the same is true for everyone.

Dave38# 05-19-2019 01:53 PM

UK G20 connecteddrive still a complete waste of time and effort.
How does BMW get away with such complete garbage??