BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CPO Ending

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jat335i 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 328i E93 with 65,000 miles and the CPO coverage is ending soon. The only repairs I have had made so far under the CPO is a cup holder and leaking oil filter housing gasket. I have replaced the spark plugs and coils on my own. Is there anything else a dealer will pretty well replace if I take it in before the end? Anything I should have them check? I would like to avoid as many future expensive repairs as possible in the future.
Thanks

#7 ·
Also a heads up ..... taking your car in and asking the dealer to ***8220;check it over***8221; invites a diagnostic fee ..... taking it n with a list of your identified issues should result in them correcting or responding normal function found.

#8 ·
I think my point was missed. Sorry for not being clearer. For example, if the oil leak hadn't been noticed, the gasket wouldn't have been replaced. It didn't effect the performance and I probably wouldn't have noticed it until the belt had oil all over it. There are apparently other deficiencies in the E93 non-turbo motor that fail and can be checked before they stop the car, right?
Not looking for free repairs, just don't want something to be unnoticed before the CPO runs out.

#9 ·
Just like the others said, they can't fix or replace anything as a preemptive measure if it ain't broken, besides your regular maintenance stuff (i.e. oil changes, etc.), so you have to deal with it when it happens after your CPO expires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.