Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Request for comments: E9x Maintenance Grid
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 328i, Montego Blue
Attached is the latest, v2.0a for both the 328i, and the 335i..

I added a new section called Time Based Maintenance. Some of it is copied from the mileage based section, like the oil being 1 year or 7.5k miles (its cross listed in both)

I also lowered some of the requirements based on the Roundel Tech Talk editor, Mike Miller.. I got a copy of Mike's latest Old School Maintenance PDF, and decided to go with some of the recommendations in it with some notable exceptions. One exception is the coolant hoses. The Bentley manual recommends changing them every 4 years, where as Mike says 150k miles.. I left the fuel hoses at Mike's recommendation since they are probably a little harder to do yourself, and the Bentley manual had no recommendation for changing the fuel hoses.

I also added the "Manual Transmission Hydraulic Clutch Fluid", which is not list in the Old School Maintenance Schedule. It does use the same fluid as the brake system, and the same reservoir, so I would guess you bleed both at the same time? Just bleeding the brakes without doing the clutch seems to me like you're leaving some of the old fluid in the system.. I emailed Mike about this, so depending on his answer, there might be yet another update.. But this version is fairly close to what I am looking for..

As always please speak up if you think something is not right..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW-E9x-Maintenance-Grid-328-v2.0a.pdf (254.7 KB, 243 views)
File Type: pdf BMW-E9x-Maintenance-Grid-335-v2.0a.pdf (251.8 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by Vulpes; 01-01-2011 at 08:29 PM.