Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - 528 i baseline current draw BAttery drain/ current draw
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 05:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 530i 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaleah53 View Post
Still no smoking gun for my .22 amp drain. Just in case my question about not finding any fuses under the passenger side cabin filter caused confusion, here's a picture. If someone can say, "the fuses in there, aren't color coded and don't look anything like the instrument panel or trunk fuses", here's what "mine" look like (or not).
I'm also attempting to show a "OBC test #9 alternator and a battery voltage display. Does anyone else's display look like this without the word "volts" and a number like 13.5 with a decimal point showing? Am I really not doing a voltage test even though I drop it into test #9?

Obviously I'm frustrated I haven't found the drain after unplugging the radio, sub woofer, FSU and the aux fan. Are the fuses under the seat the only leading choices now?
I've not changed these E-box fuses myself. However based on WDS locator images and pictures in other threads, you have found the 5 fuses in question. The cap with the numbering will pop off & expose the fuses more clearly. Again based on pictures in other threads, they appear to be ATO shape/configuration/size fuses, i.e. same as fuses # 1 - 45 in the glovebox.

Regards test #9 - you have the "low" or Kombi instrument cluster; same as mine. The test 9 display is exactly like mine. Your pictures are indicating a voltage of 11.1 volts.

The fuses under the passenger seat supply other circuits and components that are easier to access and check than the fuses themselves.
According to WDS for your 1998 model year these fuses supply circuits as follows:
107 - secondary air relay in Ebox (WDS locator image below)
108 - motor relay in Ebox (WDS locator image below)
109 - Ebox Fuse1 (not glovebox F1) and DME relay in Ebox (WDS locator image below)
110 - approximately 17 fuses of 1 through 45 in glovebox
111 - ignition switch
112 - light control module (LCM)
113 - LCM and several fuses in glovebox plus in some cars a "closed-circuit current cutout relay" which then feeds a fuse in glovebox
114 - ignition switch and diagnostic plug

EDIT: fuse 108 "motor relay" supplies ASC or DSC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SecondaryAirRelay.JPG
Views:	776
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	370291   Click image for larger version

Name:	MotorRelay.JPG
Views:	748
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	370292   Click image for larger version