Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Bimmerfest guide to tracking your BMW from factory to dealership
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i M-Sport Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninong View Post
Hey, don't say that. Quite a few of them do sink. I think two or three of them sank in the past year. Do you remember back in 2002 when the Tricolor sank? It carried $50 million worth of luxury cars, mostly BMWs, including one that was going to one of the members of this forum. In his case it was a European Delivery car that he had already enjoyed in Europe. He said BMW simply made him a new one that he received a couple of months later. Here: http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/15/wo...north-sea.html

Usually only one or two days. Does it have more ports of call on the East Coast before heading for the Panama Canal?

Thanks for the link! Glad to see there was no loss of life:

"LONDON, Dec. 14- A Norwegian-registered ship sank in the North Sea today after it collided with a container ship in a thick fog, taking with it a multimillion-dollar cargo of luxury cars.

All 24 crew members were rescued after the collision, in the early morning hours at the entrance of the Dover Strait between Britain and France.

The ship that sank, the Tricolor, was carrying 2,862 cars, including BMW's, Volvos and Saabs, worth $40 million to $50 million, a spokesman for the Norwegian shipping company, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Lines, said in Oslo."

I see the linked article went on to reference Lloyds. If tradition held, the bell would have rung that day. I have handled some cases that required ultimate funding from Lloyds of London. A very interesting process that actually required the individual members having to come up with their shares which as a result meant we could always count on up to six months, if not more, to actually get the check in our hands after the initial agreement was reached.

Last edited by 1northcar; 02-04-2016 at 02:07 PM.