Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Retrofit Paddle Shift in F10
View Single Post

Old 04-29-2016, 08:49 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
You can Retrofit anything in your car, and if the following conditions are true, your car can be dealer programmed by ISTA/P without issue:
  1. Retrofitted Option must have been available from factory as an Option when your car was built.
  2. Parts added must be OEM parts that are correct for your build date and not newer superseded parts. Sometimes newer part will be a problem, but sometimes it won't be.
  3. FA has been updated and written to car VCM to reflect new options and FA Build date is the original date.
It is only when you deviate from one of these 3 that ISTA/P will run into trouble.

I know people who have done full 609 Nav Pro Retrofits, and are using OEM FSC Codes instead of an Emulator / Activation Module, and there cars can be programmed with ISTA/P.

In my case, for Dealer Programming, I set FA back to original and remove 6WB Kombi as 6WB Kombi is not valid for any U.S. F10, and I remove my Shifter as it is from a newer car. The Steering wheel stays though as it causes no issues for dealer programming, even with the Paddles Present and 2TB missing from FA.

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 04-29-2016 at 08:51 AM.