Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Neat workaround for delayed throttle response
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:28 PM

Mein Auto: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar1011 View Post
I wonder if you have done any research on this, The fuel economy on this X1 is hard to beat. no car will get the max #, but based on reviews I have read, once broken in you can count on 26 city and 30 highway, pretty amazing for a CUV style vehicle with 240 HP to boot.

I have driven more than 7 vehicles in this class or close and none drove better or looked as good, and even came close to the potential mpg this vehicle will get.

You should test drive one more, and put it in sport mode, it drives really good.

Chris
It was a 2012 CPO with about 12000 KM so fully broken in AND if indeed I was not in sport mode (hence part of your suggestion for the sluggish performance) then I would have expected to get better than about 20MPG.

Yes it looks good, but currently for me not much more.

I may try to go to another dealer, as I explain before I specifically told the Rep the sluggish performance and asked if there was another setting that could improve this and I got a NO.

Lastly, I don't know about your experiences with Reps, but this was the second visit and clearly got the feeling that I was wasting their precious time selling X6 and other up scale.