Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Photo Journal of 3/15 ED: Iceland,Welt,Castles,Rothenburg+ vonTrapp Villa in Salzburg
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i F33 M Sport Verte
Photo Journal of 3/15 ED: Iceland,Welt,Castles,Rothenburg+ vonTrapp Villa in Salzburg

In homage to the 50th Anniversary of The Sound of Music (and our included venture to Salzburg) here is a photo summary thread of our last week's European Delivery experience "starting at the very beginning."

The chronology of events and included photos to be set forth in the below series of reply posts to follow this post's introductory outline are as follows:

I. A stop over in Iceland to include a dip in the thermal waters of The Blue Lagoon.

II. A ride in the 7 Series extended BMW to The Welt from the airport which included an abbreviated city tour of the areas surrounding the Welt courtesy of our BMW provided driver.

III. The Premium Lounge wait including the buffet items and watching the elevator bringing cars up to the delivery floor.

IV. The "Stairway to Heaven" as we caught sight of our new 435i M Sport Mineral Grey with Coral Red interior xDrive Convertible - with Bernard as our delivery person.

V. First night in Germany at The Charles Hotel with its spectacular swimming pool and spa that we found just as enticing as Iceland's Blue Lagoon.

VI. The following day's Factory Tour and return to the Premium Lounge as well as momentos from the Welt gift shop to include engraving of the Key Chain and acquisition of a replica car.

VII. Travel to the Castles and parking of the new BMW at the Schlossrestaurant hotel just below Castle Neuschwanstein followed by tours the next day of both Neuschwanstein and the nearby castle that was the summer home of King Ludwig II - capped off of course by an obligatory photo op at the Bimmerfest Castle Photo spot.

VIII. Drive to Rothenburg ob der Tauber and a stay inside the city walls at Hotel Herrnschlosschen followed by walking the 1.5 mile City Wall the next day.

IX. Driving from Rothenburg to Salzburg and stay at Maria's Suite in Villa Trapp, the actual home of the von Trapp Family from which they fled Austria. Maria's Suite was living quarters of Maria when she left the convent and came to tutor.

X. Our final day of touring spent walking the streets of Salzburg and joining in on the original Sound of Music Tour.

XI Return to Munich with a stay at the Hilton Munich Airport hotel just across the street from the Log In Out Drop off location.

In all we covered 651 miles in our five driving days. Have to add a special shout out for the leather wrapped M Sport steering wheel that felt perfect for driving and the steering feel that accompanied our specified Dynamic Handling Package as well as the upscale look of the leather dashboard special request option. It was my first experience with a Heads Up Display and I am really glad that I included the added speed limit information accompanied by my actual speed that was inputted to the HUD by including the Driver Assistance Plus Package. It was especially useful for night driving where the changing speed limit signs were not as evident. Other included options and packages in addition to both Driver Assistance Packages and the Technology Package were Active Cruise Control (thankfully did not need its automatic braking to avoid collision feature), the Cold Weather Package, and Harman Kardon Surround Sound. Our interior trim was the Ash Grain Fine Wood with Inlay. Coupled with the special request leather dashboard it made for a great combination, one which I have yet to see on any other 4 Series and may well be rare, if not unique, since the default metal, rather than wood, trim is usually seen with the already limitedly available leather dashboard.

I have included photos and brief commentary for each of the above "chapters" by way of a series of Reply Posts below to this introductory post.

Last edited by Northcar; 03-20-2015 at 05:01 AM.