Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Photo Journal of 3/15 ED: Iceland,Welt,Castles,Rothenburg+ vonTrapp Villa in Salzburg
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i F33 M Sport Verte
IV. Catching Sight of our 435i M Class Mineral Grey xDrive Convertible

Bernard Hausmaninger was our delivery person and he led us down the "Stairway to Heaven" where we had our first glance of the open topped convertible on the spinning table below. As we continued down to the car we were shown the new features that have been added since our prior 335i Convertible that was wrecked last fall when I was struck by a driver running a red light. (Have to add that the contoured sport seats kept me in place as the airbags went off and the car spun around 90 degrees onto the sidewalk, making me a believer - so in ordering its replacement I made sure sport seats were again included.)

The Welt photographer took shots of us and we were presented not only with framed photos but a USB drive with them on it. I asked about the safety vests and Bernard said they are not providing them now. He did confirm to us that the tank was full, and explained only the U.S. customers get that perk for the same reasons that have been discussed previously in this forum.

In presenting the car Bernard commented on both the leather dash option we had chosen as well as complimenting us for including the upgraded option that provided for automatic braking that was apparent when he looked at the front grill.

As Bernard met with us I could not help but recall Bimmerfest forum member and long time contributor JSpira's reporting as the first European Delivery customer at the Welt as he picked up his new BMW by, if I recall correctly, Bernard as well some eight years ago. (We missed the Welt experience that same year by just a few months due to a July European Delivery for our 335i Convertible before the Welt had been completed.)

Last edited by Northcar; 03-22-2015 at 03:04 AM.