Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Photo Journal of 3/15 ED: Iceland,Welt,Castles,Rothenburg+ vonTrapp Villa in Salzburg
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Ich bin schneller

Mein Auto: 2015 M235i
I didn't dine at the Romantik, but we stayed at the herrnschlosschen and dined at their restaurant. If it was open for business, you should have tried it out. I can't imagine a better dining experience in Rodt. It was one of the best meals I had on my trip, and we pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves. If you were looking for traditional German, you get that here, but with a very upscale twist. My schnitzel was delicious on its own, but they paired it with three different sauces, all uniquely flavored and all delicious. The first course was this almond wine soup which my girlfriend and I still reminisce about. It's quite possibly the most delicious thing I've ever had. I felt like a little kid trying to extract every last drop from the all too small cup it was served in. We also had breakfast brought up to our room the next morning and their service and food were again impeccable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluhwein View Post
Believe me, the Schneeballen look much better than they taste. It's like eating cardboard with powdered sugar on top. It may be the only thing I ever ate in Germany that I didn't like....Ooops. Forgot about marzipan.
Yeah, it was pretty disgusting. I think we tossed ours after struggling to eat it. Our hotel hosts even mentioned nobody that lives in town really eats it.

Last edited by hyperzulu; 03-18-2015 at 02:17 PM.