Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Excess Oil Consumption -Class Action Settlement N63
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 05:27 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 645 Convertible
Pending Class Action Settlement

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo645 View Post
This is why BMW is becoming the brand of crap. Beautiful cars but disappointing mechanics. I recently had to add a quart and then this past weekend I checked the oil measuring and found that it was dropping again. Never had this problem until they did the N63 customer recall last year. I was adding a quart between oil changes but think nothing of it because as others have stated, the answer from BMW was that it was normal because of the new parts and should stop. It didn't. I am suppose to bring the car in next week for the oil consumption test but we all know how that is going to go. For a car of this caliber this is really disappointing and says something about BMW and the path thy are taking. MY SA also told me BMW is now screwing the dealers because the new engine if replaced was drastically cut to.........$3800!!! My SA have 12 already boxed up ready to ship out for replacements and suspect mine will be the same. All this while they wait for the other recall to replace the auxiliary water pump. I actually went and test drove the new Panamera this weekend. As soon as my car is fixed, in it goes for trade. No need dealing with inferior engineering at this price anymore. Even folks at the dealer advising staying away from the new 850 until the test subjects help BMW fix the bugs that they seem to be expecting. That says it all and the confidence in the brand.
I couldn't agree with you more. Not only am I adding oil between scheduled oil services, the recalls and other major problems are pervasive throughout the year. From my perspective, this is not a reliable vehicle by any standard.