Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Video module. Video INPUT possible?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 12:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish745 View Post
So i wonder .as u say the rear mmigt is capable of driving the bigger front screen plugged into the lvds cable
So would that mean my individual system that has the lvds splitter in it thats driving 2 original 6.5 screens drive the bigger 9.5 screens then .obviously finding a screen that size with lvds input is the issue .what we really need is a lvds to hdmi converter so we could use most tablets or be fantastic if the chinese android rear setups had lvds inputs lol or they made their android front screen with outputs to feed the rear screens they do .i do like the original setup that allows the rear passengers to be independent to the front via the headset interface but still be able to see whats on the front too .this makes it far better than the chinese aftermarket which basically makes it a standalone tablet system which i dont want

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Well I think it's able to drive the 8.8" screen from the CCC system but I don't think the picture will look right as it's not ment to drive that screen. But as you already have the lvds signal split I think you could use 2 of the front android screens for the CCC with success. (I cant guarantee that it will work however since I haven't tried so this is just theoretically. )

I'm not really sure how the 9.5" monitors are driven as I think they are of a higher resolution so that would mean that the norman idrive lvds signal would have to be up scaled to not look like it does in the Rolls Royce with the 9.2" (I think it was) screens.

Where the idrive menus are just displayed on the center portion of the screen with black borders around.

So there might be a chance that the idrive computer is somehow integrated Into the individual pc system or somehow upscaled or maby even ported to run on the pc itself.

Because this is the boot screen that shows when the system is turned on instead of the bmw logo.

And then the idrive menus look sharp and stretched perfectly.

Skickat frŚn min SM-G955F via Tapatalk