BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Updated all ECUs - NBT not loading maps. Please help !

Fxx-/Ixx-/Gxx-series 
13K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  shawnsheridan 
#1 ·
Hello,

i updated all ECUs with E-SYS 3.33 and PSDZ 4.17.13 to I-Step 19-03-552 for my I001 (i3S).
Now i have the problem that my NBT is working but the Navigation won't start. The screen always displays "loading" and when i put in an usb Stick with new maps from BMW-Download Manager for my car it says: "Connect USB-Device with correct unlock code".

Can anybody help me what i have to do ? I used E-Sys without EST token.

Any help is appreciated.

Peter

#6 ·
No it is an original NBT2. Bought the car new from the BMW Dealer with 0 miles!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
I must say, I dont really know how E-Sys handles FSC codes(which are codes that enables features), when doing an update. If it has just updated your NBT2 without first saving the FSC codes(which might be possible), then the navigation will not start because the FSC is missing.

You can check the FSC status with E-sys under the Comfort mode tab. You can then paste the result in here, then it is easy to see if FSC's are ok for navigation and voicecontrol(which I guess does not work either?)

/Weebyx

#7 · (Edited)
I think you are right. Speech recognition wasn***8216;t also working. I will head to my car and report back with the readings.

Update: Here it is:

--> Status von "3" Steuergerät(en) gelesen <--

EPS[DiagAddress=48(0x30)]
WBY8P610907D00290
RootCertStatus not available
SWSigStatus accepted
SWTApplications
----------
AppID 189(0xBD)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus not available
FSCCertStatus not available

HU_NBT2[DiagAddress=99(0x63)]
WBY8P610907D00290
SWSigStatus accepted
SWTApplications
----------
AppID 158(0x9E)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected
----------
AppID 160(0xA0)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected
----------
AppID 368(0x170)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus not available
----------
AppID 111(0x6F)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected
----------
AppID 159(0x9F)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected
----------
AppID 156(0x9C)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected
----------
AppID 229(0xE5)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected
----------
AppID 288(0x120)
UpgradeIndex 61(0x3D)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected
----------
AppID 323(0x143)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected
----------
AppID 366(0x16E)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected
----------
AppID 367(0x16F)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus rejected

KAFAS2[DiagAddress=93(0x5D)]
WBY8P610907D00290
SWSigStatus accepted
SWTApplications
----------
AppID 126(0x7E)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus accepted
----------
AppID 190(0xBE)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus accepted
----------
AppID 191(0xBF)
UpgradeIndex 1(0x01)
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus accepted

#8 · (Edited)
I think you are right. Speech recognition wasn't also working. I will head to my car and report back with the readings.

Update: Here it is:

--> Status von "3" Steuergerät(en) gelesen <--
Flashing ECU has no affect on FSC Codes, yet all your FSC Codes are Rejected.

It is clear that you have loaded a set of Fake FSC Codes into your head unit, else you would not have E5, 6F, and 143 FSC Codes.

PM sent.

#9 · (Edited)
Mmmh. I see.

E5 - M Lap Timer
6F - Satellite Tuner
143 - Apple Car Play

I know why i have these codes in my Headunit. I used FemtoEVO before to activate Full Screen Apple Car Play. My guess is, FemtoEVO coded them into my NBT2.

Beside that, my NBT2 is working again. I used FemtoEVO to activate all my FSCs. Everything is fine, but i think FemtoEVO made weired changes to my headunit. :eeps:

#10 ·
My guess is that for FemtoEVO to activate carplay and others, it needs to change the rootcertificate in the NBT to accept the self signed certificates, and therefore also needs to load the fake FSC's for navi and speach, and that is why they do not work anymore. If you take you car to the dealer, and have them update the car next time, your navi and other original stuff will work with original BMW FSC codes, but carplay will not work until you do FemtoEVO magic again :)

/Weebyx

#15 ·
I will write the guys from FemtoEVO if they can set the original FSCs and the RootCert. I don't think the Software deletes it but makes a copy.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
RootCert is easily obtained, it's just a matter of putting it back when car needs service.

#16 ·
Quick one, did BMW not update the latest software with a mechanism to block false self signed certificates? Loading the fake ones will result in the same issue as you run the latest software version. Also how do you clean the blocked certificates? You need telnet to do a persistent state cleansing with tool32 as status is rejected and the fake FSC will be newer then the original set so how do you overwrite? Interesting to learn how you resolve.

#17 · (Edited)
Before that i had an Audi A5. To do a little fiddling i opened up the Headunit and mounted the harddrive under Linux. The OS was a qnx and if i get access to the filesystem it is easy to generate public and private keys if i find the root cert. But i am happy it is running now. So.

But if somebody could shade a bit of light in using e-sys or other BMW tools to do the job (ista / Rheingold) that would be fine... :angel:

#20 ·
Yeah, well CP is a whole other issue altogether, unrelated to Root Cert / FSC Code mismatch. CP is usually resolved with fake 170 FSC Code.

#21 ·
Thats' s what she said... :rofl:

Thanks Shawn for your help and engagemant. You really do know alot. FemtoEVO is writing a 170 FSC Code. I have a file for FemtoEVO (FSC_7D00290_0170007F.fsc) - thats exactly what it's used for.

I am impressed. :confused:

Interesting - but a pain in the ass to cope with these DRM. :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.