FYI this is the procedure. I don't think INPA will do this, but possible. You will have what you need shortly, & we will sort this out. If you had a misfire, you would be getting some type of fault. This could be seen with an OBD2 meter very easily.
The service function Commissioning/Adjusting active steering must be run during or after the following work:
axle alignment/wheel alignment (see Note)
work on the steering column
after replacing or programming the active steering control unit (AL)
after replacing or programming the steering column switch (SZL): only E60/E61/63/64
after replacing the steering column switching centre (SZL): only E90/91
Adjustment of the active front steering must be carried out:
Before adjustment work on the front axle/steering
after all mechanical work on the steering system
after the battery has been disconnected or electrical plug connections on the steering column switch cluster have been disconnected
after replacement/programming or coding of the following components:
Steering column switch cluster
DSC control unit
Active front steering control unit
ARS control unit
Connect vehicle to BMW diagnosis system.
Select and carry out initial operation/adjustment for active front steering under Service functions.
Only perform axle alignment/wheel alignment if:
- The diagnosis of the active steering leads to no defect (fault entry) and there is a deviation in the position of the steering wheel
- The guided troubleshooting on fault entry 'active steering' concludes with the with defect 'Wheel alignment'
- Repair measures are carried out that make axle alignment/wheel alignment necessary (see corresponding repair instructions)
replacing or programming the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
after replacing the steering gear
The sequence for Commissioning/Adjustment in the service function is as follows:
- Default setting of the cumulative steering angle sensor exactly to zero for any axle alignment/wheel alignment. Choice of calling up (see Note)
- Reset the engine location angle (AL)
- Run a steering-angle sensor adjustment (E60/61/63/64: SZL, E90/91: DSC)
- Clear SZL fault code memory: only E60/61/63/64
- Clear DSC fault code memory
- Calibrate the engine location angle (AL)
- If ARS is included as an option, clear the value for steering angle (ARS): only E60/61/63/64
- Clear AL fault code memory
- Calibrate total steering angle offset (AL): only E60/61/63/64 from 09/2005 and E90/91 after replacement of the steering gear
Last edited by HerbP; 01-05-2020 at 02:17 PM.