Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - F01 Rear Seat Entertainment Retrofit - OEM RSE
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 07:09 PM

Mein Auto: E38 2000
Bmw fo2 cid/cic help!

Hi John,
Nice write up. I think you are the right person to ask my question.
I have 2012 BMW 750Lix M Package and I lost my Navigation Screen signal about a month ago.
So now my Radio, CD, Navigation, Voice Control are not working.

I am exhausted doing a DIY and trying to find the problem. I got some information from
this forum and I did troubleshooting the system. First of all I checked all my fuses front and
back and all are good. Second of all my MOST system is not showing
active on ISTA/d and program is unable to communicate with CHAMP, CBX-MEDIA AMPT AND KOMBI.
I am attaching the photo of the same. So I connected the fibre Optic LOLLYPOP to all my Modules
One by One which include CBX-MEDIA, AMP, KOMBI. But of no avial.

Regarding the CIC unit, it does reboot when I press audio button and hold it 15 seconds
and shows a Red light inside. It does get warm up also as if its working fine but unable to send
video signal to CID.

Finally I bought a CAS emulator setup, by which you can bench test the CIC Unit with CID and
I-drive with the help of ZGW Module. And everything work perfecly fine on bench Test. I am also
attaching the photo of the same.

So my question is how come these units dont work when connected to the car. I am not an
Electronic Engineer, but I am good at working on the BMW. And I need your help to solve
this issue.

By the way I did check and made sure that CID is getting 12v current and also tried to
connect a new low voltage video signal cable between CIC and CID and it still does not work.

Now there are two things about which I am completely unknown. On BMW F02 wiring schematics
I see Flex Ray and K-CAN. ( I see two wires twisted together travelling from CID to ??? )
How to diagnose these connection.
Please your help will be highly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5455.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	573156   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6394.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	573157   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6395.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	573158   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6396.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	573159   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	573160  

Last edited by Farooq; 08-12-2016 at 07:38 PM.