Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Help!!! Any advice appreciated
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto:
Help!!! Any advice appreciated

So I think I made a mistake. I bought an 2001 530i with 161k and it has been a headache for the short 3 weeks of ownership. Including a po741 code (torque converter). I have put a new water pump and cam shaft sensor . I thought I took care of everything this weekend then it stalled twice yesterday. This is where I need help... I bought the car because it was in budget but now I am regretting buying a bmw, was hoping for a reliable car. The car drives great minus the recent stalling. Iím debating just putting a bunch of money into get the car fixed (for now) or just trying to sell the car. At this point itís just been a nightmare for me cause Iím not amazing with cars. How could I go about selling it if there are a few things wrong with it? I know the stalling could be something easy and maybe someone who likes bmw would be a better owner. If anyone in the Dayton/ Cincinnati area is looking for an e39 let me know. I feel like I got in over my head as busy high school student but I know someone else may be better suited for ownership of an otherwise great car.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app