Starting With Rheingold/ISTA Diagnostics
1. Set Sleep settings to Never (will be a long download time, 10 hours, on that later).
2. Purchase K+DCom cable online
1. Ask user Reclaimer for download link
2. Sign up for trial version on mega.nz
3. Login to mega.nz
4. In Chrome, add Extension for mega.nz (extension allows avoiding "HTML 5 disk space limit" error).
5. Start/Run mega.nz extension
a. URL bar should now have something like: chrome-extension://..6. Paste download link URL in place of "chrome-extension://.."
7. R-click Tools > Download > download As Zip. Let it finish before proceeding.
8. R-click "ISTA+ Installation Guide v4.03" > Download > download as Zip. Let it finish before proceeding. \
9. R-click "unblock.reg" > download > download as zip. Let it finish before proceeding.
10. This is a big one with Rheingold.7z
a. R-click Rheingold.7z > Download > Download as Zip. * Install Software
b. Let download run (a couple hours).
c. After 5 gigs get downloaded, a message will pop up informing that limit for transfer was exhausted.
i. The options are to pay $5 or wait 7 hours. d. Observe download resumed after 7 hours and message is gone. Download should finish.
ii. Let browser sit and wait on this message - don't click anything. It will dismiss itself and continue.
1. Open "ISTA+ Installation Guide v4.03.pdf"
2. Follow instructions (carefully)
a. Found this a little confusing:* Connect to Vehicle and Configure Port and Driver (info source)
"Step 2: Install everything in Tools folder" - seems to suggest Tools as target installation directory. Wrong.
It actually means "Run all installers located in Tools folder".
1. Plug in the K+D-Can cable into OBD on vehicle and USB on computer side. Let it install drivers automatically.
2. Go to Device Manager -> USB serial port properties -> port settings -> advanced -> change port number to com9 and latency timer to 1
3. Open C:\EDIABAS\BIN\EDIABAS.INI with notepad and check that "Interface = STD:OBD" and in TCP settings ensure "Port=6801"
4. Open C:\EDIABAS\BIN\OBD.INI with notepad and check that "Port=Com9"
* Test Connection
1. Open ISTA program by clicking shortcut created earlier
2. Click Operations -> Read out Vehicle Data -> Complete Identification.
3. In a minute, ISTA will return a graphic of the system modules.
Last edited by serge1; 01-10-2017 at 09:17 AM.