BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official F10 Coding thread---Exploring Your F10

745K views 1K replies 94 participants last post by  DreamCar 
#1 · (Edited)
I hope this will be the most intriguing thread!

We will discuss all the options available and try to share as much information as possible .

Knowledge Transfer: Find the attached pdf in the below link and go through it ... It will give you the basics to start also check the attached PDF (Thanks to modular93 fox)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6823380&postcount=6 (If the link doesnt work go to post # 6 in this thread)

How to make the Enet cable (You need this cable to connect your car and you laptop), Its not hard to make your own cable.
It would cost around 10 to 15$ to make a cable.

Please use the below link to find the detailed description on how to make your cable (Thanks to IMSw1) and also check teh attached PDF for detailed schematics

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6825214&postcount=52 (If the link doesnt work go to post # 52 in this thread)

List of things that can be programed: (Thanks to All contributing Members)

Please check the Cheat Sheet for the list

Data Files Required to code your car:

F001 psdzdata covers the F01/F02/F04 7-series and F07 5-series
F010 psdzdata covers the F10 5-series and F12/F13 6-series
F020 psdzdata covers the F20 1-series and F30 3-series (There is no Z4 F-chassis yet)
F025 psdzdata covers the F25 X3-series (There is no X5 F-chassis yet).

More details in the below Link:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6827272&postcount=91

Cheat Sheet:

What Module to modify.. What Parameter and What value will be explained in the attached cheat sheet... This will have all our new discoveries going forward.

This thread is dedicated to help fellow festers! Will add more details as and when available just follow the thread for updates!

Volunteers: People who can install for others /Willing to help others with installation

1) DreamCar (NJ,MD)
2) Shawnsheridan (Houston,TX)
3) Imsw1 (Dayton, OH)
4) Svache (Oahu.HI)
5) hd750Li (DFW, TX)
6) wdimagineer (MD)

This is just the basic info... Will add more info in next two days

All the credit goes to Sean and Shawn

Disclaimer: Try it/use it/ request it at your own risk and blah blah and all that cra*P.......

Important: Please dont use "Quote" when replying... In that way it will be less cluttered and easy to browse once it is sticky... :thumbup:

Sub Threads:

SLI :http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6863231#post6863231

For the video lovers here is teh feast:
http://youtu.be/1dzvhZggafg

http://youtu.be/HdgecnfqoDg

Transfering your phone ring tone to your car.

Before

http://youtu.be/EG4MR-o1eSg

After

http://youtu.be/WuLUgAGypfw

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I volunteer my '12 550i xDrive. PM me with what I need to get, i'm in the IT Networking field and have an degree in programming so I can handle anything you throw at me.

#6 · (Edited)
Dreamcar,

Thanks for putting this thread together so we can compile all the coding information into one area.

I put togther a "Coding Information Links" pdf for forum members to use until we can pull all the information togther into this thread. Use it for now to get an idea of what you're going to need to get started coding your F-10. I think I speak for many of us (Dreamcar, shawnsheridan) that we would prefer to teach you how to do it, so as new modules are located you can just go to your garage, fire up the laptop and code to your hearts content. It seems daunting, but it really isn't. As an example, I know a person that was quite apprehensive about coding, now he won't stop locating modules...I don't have to mention any names (he's the one with the huge coding list).

Dreamcar, if you would like to throw the pdf into the first post, please feel free to do so, it belongs to the forum now...do with it as you please.

Now, I'm not going to claim as many states as Dreamcar, but I have Dayton, OH and the surrounding area covered if you really don't want to do this yourself. There's no charge for coding, but you will have to come to me.

I'm also willing to walk you through your cable build if you need the help. The network cable crimper is probably the most specialized tool you will need.

Sean

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
I believe Shawn also has closing trunk from remote and inside button as well as sunroof close from CA / fob.

As for this thread - love it! When I get back home I'm going to get my laptop setup to rock and roll. Hopefully my cable is being built soon! :thumb up:

If I get familiar enough with the software, I will be sure to help out fellow 'festers do this on their cars. I'm hoping that once I get the package together it will only take a couple of weeks.

#8 · (Edited)
I can help anyone with E-Sys installation and the use of it for basic Coding, and like Sean, I can code F10's in the Houston area, and at no charge of course.

Here is what we know so far:

***8226; Digital Speed in MPH on Dash (BC)
***8226; Replace "Surround" On/Off checkbox with "L7 Surround" Slider (-5/+5) on Settings=>Tone screen
***8226; Close Trunk from Inside Button
***8226; Close Trunk from FOB
***8226; Fold Mirrors from Comfort Access (Door Handle)
***8226; Fold Mirrors from FOB
***8226; Close Windows and Moon Roof from Comfort Access (Door Handle)
***8226; Close Windows and Moon Roof from FOB
***8226; Disable Driver and Passenger Seat Belt Reminders
***8226; Disable Driver and Passenger Seat Disconnect Reminders
***8226; Disable Driver and Passenger Dashboard Seat Status Displays
***8226; Disable Front and Rear Window Disruption - (keep closing when door is opened)
***8226; Unlock Doors on Single Push of Start/Stop Button (allows single pull of door handle to exit)
***8226; Enable Efficient Dynamic Sport CID (Power & Torque Meters)
***8226; Fog Lights Stay On with High Beams / Flash to Pass
***8226; Enable Welcome Lights (Fog lights, License Plate Lights, Taillights, Position Lights (Front Side LED's), Low Beams, High Beams)
***8226; Welcome Light Activation time
***8226; Follow Me Home Activation time
***8226; Enable VIM (Video-In-Motion)
***8226; Remove NAV Startup Disclaimer
***8226; Remove PDC & Sideview Camera Disclaimer
***8226; Remove Night Vision Camera Disclaimer
***8226; High Beam Brightness in %
***8226; DRL Brightness in %
***8226; DRL Modes (i.e. Disable Taillights on DRL)
***8226; Always Remember Air Recirculating
***8226; HUD Turn Signals

#391 ·
I can help anyone with E-Sys installation and the use of it for basic Coding, and like Sean, I can code F10's in the Houston area, and at no charge of course.

Here is what we know so far:

• Replace "Surround" On/Off checkbox with "L7 Surround" Slider (-5/+5) on Settings=>Tone screen
is this possible on a 2012 x5d with premium sound?

#9 ·
Is E-sys on torrent? No usenet access :( I can put it on torrent if someone can get it to me. I can also remove the p/w from the PDF(s) if that's desired.

Re: the summary PDF - could you add a version # or something to it so we can track?

Awesome work all! Thanks!
Richard

#14 ·
I have sent a message to the admins requesting this be stickied.

#15 ·
For the "Close Trunk from FOB", do you need to have the convenience package? I unfortunately don't have that. I'm guessing you need to have the package, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Raj

#17 ·
Yes, you would need the power trunk.

#18 ·
Dang it, not surprised. Thanks for the response.

#22 ·
I'm as anxious as the rest of you to getting started on this. My whole wish list of changes has already been exposed...good work guys. I'm on the road this week but expect to get at it next week when I'm back at my normal office (I already have e-sys, just waiting to the cable).

BTW Should this thread not be moved to the DIY section?

#28 ·
"Digital Speed in MPH on Dash (BC)" would save me $1300 - only reason Im planning on ordering with HUD is that I can't see the top third of the speedo because of the steering-wheel rim. Same issue in my E350, but it has digital speed readout in dash as a standard user-selectable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.