Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - $600 in first 3 months of ownership (330Ci)
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 09:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1967 Barracuda convert
In nearly five years of ownership we are at a little over $6,000, but I really don't count the $3,200 transmission because that was factored into the purchase price and known before buying. I figure that more into the purchase as we took the car in two days after we bought it (scheduled). That also includes $1,000+ in tires and a wheel straightening (pot hole) and $1,000 or so in the cooling system (added a couple of parts over and above the normal refresh). Mostly minor things. The only thing that could have been a catastrophe was the recent fan clutch. It had become noisy and was very sloppy. Next Thursday we head out on a 1,000 mile road trip.

I thought I was going to need to put plugs in it (114,000), but one thing I did right after purchase was to go to the local BMW dealer and get copies of all invoices from the original owner (we are third). Plugs were done 48,000 miles ago (at about 65,000 miles). I'll check the fluid levels and then we're off...