Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Quick question please!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardcoelho View Post
thanks for the help guys,the alternator was changed, and the light went of
It would be nice if everyone added to the information each time they performed a repair, even if all they did was list lessons learned or snap a picture of the harder-to-understand parts.

Looking at the record, BlackBMW seems to have the best diy to start with; it's on another forum, so it would be nice to improve upon it here.

The goal is for those using this to snap a picture or two to improve upon the harder parts.

See also:
- How to test your generator (1) & how to determine exactly what alternator you have (1) & a DIY for replacing the E39 I6 alternator (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) or E39 V8 alternator (1) (2) (3) & why you want to clean out the air-cooled alternator air duct & cooling vents (1) (2) (1) (2) & why rebuilding an alternator is preferable to replacing (1) & cn90 DIYs for rebuilding a 1998 air-cooled BMW Bosch alternator (1) (2) or his VW Bosch alternator (1) & cdawg246's quest for materials for a Bosch water cooled alternator rebuild (1) & Aioros' 1999 Valeo Alternator rebuild DIY (1) and his quest for materials (1) & Cn90's explanation of where to get hard-to-get alternator rebuild parts (1) & how to tell from the part number if a replacement alternator is actually rebuilt "by" Bosch (1) & a DIY for replacing the brushes in an (Audi) Valeo alternator (1) & a Bosch alternator bearing replacement from a 1997 MB S600 (1) & from a Range Rover (1).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alternator.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	366575  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW_E39_540i_alternator_replacement_DIY_1of2.pdf (5.09 MB, 212 views)
File Type: pdf BMW_E39_540i_alternator_replacement_DIY_2of2.pdf (5.65 MB, 124 views)