Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Carfax on used car has 1 reported accident. Is this a non buy? 2014 328D?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 06:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: CV
Quote:
Originally Posted by scon4snow View Post
Hey, I found a 328D that I like that at a BMW dealer (not certified) that looks to be in very good condition (30K miles and clean as a whistle). Carfax 1 owner, but 1 reported accident. How hard would this be in the future to sell privately in the future? Nothing on the carfax about airbags. Should I still consider it? Was thinking of asking the dealer to have me bring it to a body shop for inspection and alignment? Is that reasonable? They say if they held onto the car as a dealer that there is no obvious damage. Also, this car only has a premium package which includes heated seats. NO navigation or camera. Is a non-nav car a game-blower to resale or the non-camera worse? I would not mind a stripped down TDI honestly and find the nonsport seats very comfortable. Worried about resale
What was the dollar value of damage? Where was it damaged? Get an inspection if your set on purchasing it.

Most buyers might balk at the accident. Personally if damage was under 1500-2000 and fixed exceptionally I would pursue it. Resale value why even bother worrying about. You are going to be the second owner and when you sell it they will be third. I feel the first buyer took the biggest hit. You are going to take the next in value.