Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - "BMW acknowledges it is no longer Ultimate Driving Machine"
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 07:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Truck and car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
Please don't get sucked into talk here that the motors are unreliable. It's all BS with no science behind it. It's basically 2 posters with some sort of agenda.
You have to remember... I'm new to BMW. I still don't own one, but I have one on order. But I can tell you this.. Most of my friends that use to purchase BMWs don't any longer. They lease because they say the cars are NOT reliable like they were and they don't want to get stuck with large repair bills after the cars are out of warranty.

As for the N20... I've seen multiple posts on different sites about the chains popping and taking out the motor. BMW even has come out with a revised chain. Another thing I remember is the carbon problem when BMW started using DI and BMW's fix was to walnut shell the engine. I'm assuming BMW has re-engineered their motors so they won't need to be walnut shell blasted. But I remember thinking... How did BMW not catch this when they were in the testing phase? How come GM got it right and BMW didn't?