Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Buying a used 2016 340i - but have a few questions first
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 07:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i xDrive 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipo View Post
Interesting set of comments, thanks!

In the next 20 months or so my last kid will be graduating college and I can *finally* look forward to my first new(ish) BMW since my E39 530i SP 5-Speed which my wife and I picked up in Munich via the ED program. Unfortunately, neither of us has ever bothered to learn how to drive cars with automatic transmissions, and since the only 6MT game in town these days are the M cars, this means I'll be looking for a lightly used CPO 340i when the time comes.

Your comments about the audio/cruise control buttons on the steering wheel are spot on; I'm currently in non-BMW purgatory (my daily whip is a 2006 TL 6MT) and as you suggested, the steering wheel controls feature left-side audio, right side cruise control. I'm still having a difficult time wrapping my brain around how BMW got that bit backwards.

Audio controls wee on the left side on E series. It was F series that started that nonsense. I highly doubt that whoever figured that out, has a DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk