Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - E84 brake upgrade availability?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 07:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X1
Yep, HPR. My buddy is the Regional Director of NASA Rocky Mountain, so this was the second NASA event I've run there.

I didn't have any issues the first time but that was with 20 minute sessions. This time we had really low turnout due to snow and a late start, so we ended up having a 45 minute session where all the HPDE groups ran together. I started feeling the brakes chatter lightly at about 35 minutes and had pulled of the track by 40 minutes in. Ultimately I have no doubt that the main factor was running a much longer session.

I can usually hit 105-110 mph down the main straight, but with the track being a little wet I was closer to 95-100 mph. I think turn 4 at the end of the straight was probably the main culprit. The wet track probably added to the brake issues as well, as I was definitely braking harder before the corners more than I would in dry conditions.

My first time out I turned DSC off, but this time again due to the wet track, I left all the nanny controls on. I don't know if that may have contributed as well.

Last edited by Bucketfoot; 05-12-2017 at 08:39 AM.