Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - BMW f30 320d exhaust rattle/vibration
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 01:02 PM

Mein Auto:
BMW f30 320d exhaust rattle/vibration

Hi,

Recently I had to get my exhaust flexi replaced as the original had begun to rattle and was really annoying. I got my local exhaust centre to weld in a new flexi, which was not an original part.

Not long after having the new flexi pipe put in my exhaust began to rattle/vibrate right at the back of the car from what I think might be the muffler. It only happens when the car is in gear and driving and under load and only at certain rpm (1200rpm & 1800rpm). It doesnt rattle when the car is in neutral and at a stand still. I've had the exhaust off the car and there are no holes or corrosion on the rear section and the rubber hangers look in good shape.

Could it be that not using a genuine BMW flex pipe replacement may be causing the vibration/rattle. I've priced the genuine flexi from BMW and it's rather expensive and that's before getting someone to weld it in. I wouldnt like to fork out all the cash when it perhaps may not fix the problem. Does anyone know what may be the cause of the rattle/vibration? Is it the flexi? Or maybe something else?

Thanks