Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Motor locked X5 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 03:49 PM

Mein Auto: E70 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown312 View Post
Just to be sure by N55 you mean you have an inline 6 and not a v8 twin turbo right? The engine seizing after a valve cover seal does sound highly unusual. I wonder if other forums members could chime in regarding what could go wrong with the cover off. Can a contaminate drop in the engine during the mentioned service and eventually make its way into the combustion part of the engine? Knowing what could go wrong could potentially help you argue the point better.

Either way if you bought the car CPO i'd think BMWNA or the dealer would help you in some way. At a 15k replacement cost it sounds like there isn't any discount which is shameful if you bought it from them as a CPO. At the same time BMW corporate and the profit machine may almost depreciate the car fully since they think people only drive BMWs up to 100k miles.

1.) Learn what you can what may have happened from the forums or an independent BMW only shop, don't necessarily believe the dealer.
2.) KINDLY (don't lose your cool too much) push the issue with the dealer and BMWNA if needed. You paid a surcharge for a CPO.
3.) If all else fails get a quote from a BMW independent shop.

The dealer offered me $8400 for replacing motor. Iím trying to find win win settlement as well as X5Driver01. I hope BMWNA will make reasonable offer to get out the situation.