Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Rate this lease: 328xi
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
All,

Thanks for your feedback. Bear with me as it's a Monday and I'm a little dense after gorging on Thanksgiving: with a deal worked out based on invoice pricing to start, wouldn't this money factor (.00116) be competitive or am I getting taken for a ride? I pushed back on this with my CA and he said that since it's an invoice pricing deal (before incentives) this is as good as they would get with the MF. I am still new to leasing and trying to truly determine how moving the money factor will move the needle, so to speak, on the payment, so please educate me on my follies. Should I push for an even lower MF, in the neighborhood of .0008-.0009? Would this just reduce my payment a few bucks a month?

Also, regarding the 39 mo lease, I am doing 13 mo registrations so it balances out the cost. Good point on miles though- I need to verify this is not just a 30k lease but actually miles in those remaining 3 months.

Thanks again!

John
Based on the invoice deal you have I actually think your deal is not bad. The dealership has to make money somewhere and on your deal they are making it on the lease. It would not surprise me if they refuse to budge on the terms.

I don't mean this as a dig at all, but contrary to public opinion, and the opinion on forums frequently, dealerships have to make a profit. They are not in business to give away their product. Making a profit is how they stay in business so they're there to service your car and sell you another one the next time.

Present - '06 E90 330i sport; Past - '04 E46 ZHP, '00 E46 328i
www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!