BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2021 5 Series LCI HP bump?

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  mobilejo 
#1 ·
Is it safe to say the LCI will get a HP bump? The 550 got a nice increase this past year.
I have seen the spy shots with camo but no word on the engine.

#2 · (Edited)
I definitely don't see the M550i getting an additional bump, but the other models reasonably could, and hope they do!

#3 ·
Sorry, let me clarify.
I meant to ask if the 530/540 will see an increase.

I figure with the 550 bump, the other models should see it too.

#4 ·
I'd hope to see the B58 engine in the 2021 to be the high output version that they are using in the M340, good for 382 HP.

#6 ·
Exactly what I have thought. As long as I don't have to get a 7 series sized grill as part of the deal, it might effect my decision to buy anther 540.

#5 · (Edited)
I have no insight on OP's question (sorry), but my hope would be they bring a diesel offering back to the USA. I'm loving my 2018 540 dX, and plan to keep it, but would be nice to have a diesel option in the future in case something happens to my car or the tech advances warrants an upgrade.

I know the diesel doesn't have the HP of the gas engine, but it has enough for me. When I get on it I'm at the speed I want in no time. I don't think I could handle the power of a M550.

I'm not holding my breath for such an outcome, though ... sure doesn't seem to be in the cards [emoji24]

#11 ·
There is almost no chance of any more (new) diesel BMWs coming here, in my opinion. You likely need to hold onto that car for dear life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.