Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Hello all just purchased a replacement motor for my M6 however the motor came out of
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 10:55 PM

Mein Auto: M6x2
Hello all just purchased a replacement motor for my M6 however the motor came out of

Hi looking washing dishes for any advice on do and don't on rebuilding the s-85 . I threw a rod threw my oil pan at 61,000 miles . Rather than trying to rebuild the blown motor I opted on grabbing another motor and rebuilding it with these "upgraded" rod bearings, rod bolts,rings some "upgraded" oil line for the vanos pump, asunder from that do I really need to buy new Ross & pistons , can't I just have the machine shop freshen the pistons up check the crank ect ... I just don't want to buy anything I don't absolutely have to thinking of sending the blown motor to the Troy jeup guy seems to be the best I could find on the web but need to save up as this replacement motor just took me for $11k I've also had to replace the SMG pump & the transmission hahahaha I'll never sell the car lol