BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Video module. Video INPUT possible?

94K views 410 replies 21 participants last post by  PAPER 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi I have been looking at ways to display whatever i want on the screens in my 2005 730i lci.

I recently found the wiring diagram for the "Video module, analogue and digital TV: E60, E61, E63, E64, E65, E66, E70, E71, E90, E91, E92, E93"

Links to the pages: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e92-325i-cou/repair-manuals/52-seats/1zzikjt

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...-audio-navigation-information-systems/24Ioyei

I have the Hybrid video module Type: DRIVE. since I have the rear entertainment system with digital and analogue TV with the Navigation, Night vision and DVD-Changer. With video in motion coded for the front MMI

Where I found the Pin assignment for connector X18804, 18-pin. There there appear to be video inputs on
  • DVD Changer (pins 3 & 11)
  • Night Vision (pins 1 & 10)
- Aux (pins 8 & 17) pin 8: FBAS (Composite video) signal from external video source (via AUX-in connection)
pin 17: FBAS wire earth for external video source (via AUX-in connection)

The only pinns that seem to be used in my car are the ones for the navigation and the DVD-Changer.

The only mention of this that I can find on the web is in this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563704
Where It was not awnsered if one can connect an external video source to it.

So my question is if ANYONE know if it's possible to use it and if so if there is any coding required do do so?

Update: it has been confirmed that the AUX in on pin 8 and 17 is present and can be activated by sending the right most bus command to it. However there's still no easy practical way to switch to it.

See less See more
#83 · (Edited)
Yes like realmasterd said it only officially supports without rear entertainment but you could always use 2 of them or maby connect it before VM. But frankly this is way more fun and if done right can be integrated in a better way an is much cheaper afterwards so that anyone who wants to do it can just flash the custom software (if the project is successful) if they have the VM which probably would make the navtv obsolete for them. But that's just my preference.

The hardware is there already, it is just the software lacking.

#92 ·
Does anyone here have a universal programmer exampel: the TL866
with a TSOP48 socket?
Like this View attachment 842887

It would be a huge step in the right direction to get a complete flash dump from the Flash memory in the MMI.
Hi,
I have this.
Don't think that it is possible to read out data from unsoldered chip.

Bought this for Kombi retrofit. Anyway had tovsolder the chip oit and then back...

#85 ·
Mai ask any expert in here? What could be the problem that no video on rear LCD from DVD? Can hear audio and operate menu. INPA can not detect the controller neither.

#86 ·
Can you see the DVD picture in the front?
Can you see navigation picture in the back or front?
Can you see TV picture in front or back?
Seems like a loose fbas or rgb connection if you still have sound which indicates that at least the MOST bus part of the units is working correctly.
What controller can't inpa connect to?

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

#87 ·
Can not see picture, nor navi in both front and rear LCD.

I was trying to scan video module but INPA responded as controller ( video module as I scan it directly ) can not be found.

If switching of navi, DVD, ( have two tv tuners but I do not see selection from idriv. ) was malfunction. Then why it has no communication to obd ?

#88 ·
I would bet on the TV tuner aka video module (VM) being broken. All video signals are passed through the VM before being sent out to the screens and if not even the TV channel picture is visible on any screen it is highly likely that some internal part in the vm is bad because the TV signal is an internal channel only inside the vm (not coming from external unit like DVD or navi) and seems highly unlikely that both wire plugs on the navi would be loose.

This is only if sound is still functioning correctly and all units is responding correctly. Otherwise it can be a most bus problem.

#91 ·
Some strings from mmi software related to DVD (much more in actual software) so I think DVD menus is generated by the mmi with the help of some specific items/ strings from the MMC.

ANGLENot availableWrong ctry. codeFULL MENUMENUDVD camera angleDVD audioCamera angleLanguageSubtitleSubtitles OFFTitleDVD subtitleDVD titleSUBTITLETITLEFor your safety, video only when stationaryPictureCall

LOG_ENMMC::timerExpired() 0x%x, m_bBackToPage1=%dtimerExpired OID_FFWD_DVD_TIMER_EN: handleFFWDSpeed()timerExpired OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_bUpdateInfoText= %dOID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: updateInfoText(), m_bUpdateInfoText= falseOID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pInfoLabel->setText(MMIString())OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pInfoLabel->setVisible(false), m_pcTopToolbar->isVisible(): %dOID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pcTopToolbar->setVisible(true)OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pcContainerPage2DVDNavigator->setVisible(false)OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: setVideoVisible( VISIBLE_OFF ) OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: setFocusToDummyGauge() -> area1OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pContainerVideoSettings->getVisibleAttribute(): %dOID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN:m_pLOG_ENVideoPage->onGuiDVDBackButton()m_pContainerVideoSettings->isVisible(): %d, m_pButtonSettings->isChecked(): %dOID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pPage1Crit->setVisible(false)OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pContainerPage1Toolbar->setVisible(false)OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pList_DVDs->setVisible(false)OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pPage1->setVisible(true)OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pPage2->setVisible(true)OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: setFocusToDummyGauge() -> area2OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: FireEvent(EV_FrameStateEvent(this, EV_FrameStateEvent::FR_OFF))OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pContainerVideoSettings->getVisibleAttribute(): %d, m_pButtonSettings->isChecked(): %dOID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pButtonSettings->setChecked(false)OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pContainerVideoSettings->setVisible(false)OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pLOG_ENVideoPage->onGuiDVDBackButton()OID_NOTAVAILABLE_DVD_TIMER_EN: m_pNotAvailableTimer->Stop()OID_STOP_DVD_LOADING_TIMER: m_pSandClockLabel->setVisible(false), m_pList_DVDs->setLoadingMode(false), updateInfoText()
LOG_ENMMC::createNewAudioList()createNewAudioList: DVD provides more than one audio language !!createNewAudioList: DVD provides only one audio language !!createNewAudioList:FID_AVAILABLE_AUDIO_LANGUAGES not valid

The fact that you still can Access the DVD settings menu probably indicates that the dvd (MMC) multi media changer is okay and the most bus is okay. If I remember right so when I disconnect the most bus I can't enter any menus but the actual content of the menus I think is stored in the mmi software so this would be why the text is still available eventhough no function works. Vut hard to tell without looking at it all myself. You're probably better off asking this in a new thread however as to not clutter this one up and make it easier for future people with the same problem as you.

#94 ·
Well good news for you and bad news for me..

I found the coding parameters that decide the type of MMI it is and can be changed between 16:9 front screen 001bin, widescreen front screen 010bin and 16:9 rear screen 100bin. Located at coding address 3000.
There's no worry in changing between the two front screen options but don't do like I did and change the rear mmi to be the front 16:9 screen. It has now caused my whole entertainment system to freak out and i can't communicate with my rear MMI anymore so i will attempt a rescue later somehow.

Here's some videos and pictures of it

https://youtu.be/N4GKZahba-4

https://youtu.be/Lyspw0Lnf2o

#97 ·
So just coding the above parameters on the mmigt front screen trace does that mean when i select dvd or tv it will play full screen like the nightvision does then without issue then or is there more to ot than that

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
If you watch the video I posted you can see me trying to play a DVD but unfortunately it's still not fullscreen so this finding is somewhat useless unless you are someone who is upgrading from the 16:9 screen.

My rear MMI is officially bricked again... if someone is going to play with this coding option please don't code the front mmi to be rear mmi and vise versa because then it will stop working. I first thought it was just tgat both mmis got in a conflict but it's actually my rear mmi not responding at all to anything except the gateway. Coding don't work, flashing don't work, inpa don't work and tool32 cant even communicate with it. Maby it could be able to be flashed if I had an OPS unit but that I don't.

So I will probably take this opportunity and buy that flash programmer to dump the flash while I'm at it and code it back to life that way.[emoji848]

#98 ·
Just been looking at trc from a few mmis i have and ncs etc and none of them have rhe line 3000 in ur pic just before the country variant .strange

Well I found that it should be there when I examined the disassembled flash file since there's references to all coding parameters and almost in the same order as in NCS so I guessed that something was there and then I just disassembled my MMIGT.C04 (or what its called) and added the 3000 coding parameter line as unbelegt just to read out that 16bit memory segment. Just like we all did back when we changed it to add line 3021 to add Video in motion.

I discussed this approach to dump the whole mmi flash memory with Revtor in the ncs dummy thread but the mmi is really particular about what memory segments it allows you to read for some reason? I can't for example read most segments like 3003-3005 for instance and I haven't found any that allows reading more than 16 bits (10hex) I wanted to read all 256bits (100hex) I have only tried a few addresses so far so there's a good chance that there is more undiscovered coding options. The mmi coding segment spans between 3000-3EFF according to tool32. I suspect there is some hidden coding option for the aircon menue and all options in the settings menue like DTC and EDC as this is only available to the front MMI and as we already have discovered they are almost identical and run exactly the same software.

I even tried to unplug the front mmi and plug my rear mmi ghere instead but it made no difference to fix it.

#99 · (Edited)
These are some of the coding options that should be available and some may be hidden for us. For example you can se right at the top there is the HW variant coding which I have been playing around with.

Variant >v_HW_Variante_Basis< is enabled***
Variant >v_HW_Variante_High< is enabled
Variant >v_HW_Variante_Fond< is enabled
Variant >v_Laendervariante_ECE< is enabled
Variant >v_Laendervariante_German< is enabled***
Variant >v_Laendervariante_UK< is enabled***
Variant >v_Laendervariante_Japan< is enabled***
Variant >v_Laendervariante_Australia< is enabled***
Variant >v_Laendervariante_Korea< is enabled***
Variant >v_Laendervariante_Egypt< is enabled***
Variant >v_Laendervariante_Golf< is enabled
Variant >v_Laendervariante_Southafrica< is enabled
Variant >v_Laendervariante_Canada< is enabled
Variant >v_Laendervariante_Taiwan< is enabled
Variant >v_Laendervariante_US< is enabled
Variant >v_Vehicle_Type_ECE_LL< is enabled
Variant >v_Vehicle_Type_ECE_RL< is enabled
Variant >v_Vehicle_Type_US_LL< is enabled***
Variant >v_Vehicle_Variant_E65< is enabled
Variant >v_Vehicle_Variant_E66< is enabled
Variant >v_Vehicle_Variant_E67< is enabled

Variant >v_ASK_Laufwerk_CD< is enabled
Variant >v_ASK_Laufwerk_MD< is enabled
Variant >v_AMFMTuner< is enabled***
Variant >v_SDARSTuner< is enabled***
Variant >v_CD_Wechsler< is enabled
Variant >v_Multimedia_Changer< is enabled
Variant >v_Videomodul< is enabled***
Variant >v_Top_Hifi< is enabled
Variant >v_IHKA_High< is enabled***
Variant >v_Fondklimaanlage< is enabled
Variant >v_Standheizung< is enabled
Variant >v_Sitzheizung< is enabled
Variant >v_Zuheizung< is enabled
Variant >v_Tel_ECE< is enabled
Variant >v_Tel_Bluetooth< is enabled
Variant >v_MMI_Fond< is enabled
Variant >v_Navigation_verbaut< is enabled
Variant >v_Tel_US< is enabled
Variant >v_Tel_US_Business< is enabled
Variant >v_Tel_US_Professional< is enabled
Variant >v_Assist_High< is enabled
Variant >v_EDC< is enabled
Variant >v_PDC_verbaut< is enabled
Variant >v_RDC_verbaut< is enabled
Variant >v_Ausstattung_DWS< is enabled
Variant >v_Wellenband_KW< is enabled***
Variant >v_Wellenband_MW< is enabled***
Variant >v_Wellenband_LW< is enabled***
Variant >v_TP< is enabled***
Variant >v_Front Video< is enabled***
Variant >v_Key_memory_MMI< is enabled***
Variant >v_Last_Menu< is enabled***
Variant >v_Navi Assist Fond< is enabled***
Variant >v_Aufstart Hauptmenue< is enabled***
Variant >v_Farbeinstellung_ECE_Single< is enabled***
Variant >v_MFL Help< is enabled
Variant >v_SMS< is enabled
Variant >v_Show Error MOST ECU< is enabled
Variant >v_DTC_Button< is enabled***
Variant >v_Vehicle_Variant_E68< is enabled
Variant >v_Klima_Auto< is enabled***
Variant >v_Bluetooth_Handy< is enabled
Variant >v_MP3_CDC< is enabled
Variant >v_RDS< is enabled
Variant >v_TV< is enabled***
Variant >v_Hard key ASK< is enabled***
Variant >v_Oelstand< is enabled
Variant >v_Hierarchie< is enabled***
Variant >v_Night Vision< is enabled
Variant >v_ZV< is enabled***
Variant >v_Klimakompressor< is enabled
Variant >v_Klima_Dualmode< is enabled***
Variant >v_Ausentemperatur< is enabled
Variant >v_TV_Deactivation< is enabled
Variant >v_Auswahl_Funkschluessel< is enabled***
Variant >v_Videotext< is enabled***
Variant >v_NTSC< is enabled
Variant >v_TP2< is enabled
Variant >v_VF< is enabled***
Variant >v_WB< is enabled***
Variant >v_Klima_US< is enabled
Variant >v_Tel_J< is enabled***
Variant >v_Source_Videomodul< is enabled***
Variant >v_Luft Ver< is enabled
Variant >v_MW_AM< is enabled***
Variant >v_DAB< is enabled
Variant >v_DAB_ECE< is enabled
Variant >v_IBOC< is enabled
Variant >v_VideotextHard< is enabled***
Variant >v_TPSelect< is enabled
Variant >v_REG< is enabled
Variant >v_RDC_US< is enabled***
Variant >v_HM_VIDEO< is enabled
Variant >v_AUX< is enabled
Variant >v_EXNAV_NEU< is enabled***
Variant >v_SDARS25< is enabled
Variant >v_VMODE_NIVI_NAVI< is enabled
Variant >v_TV_DIG< is enabled***
Variant >v_BT_GUIDE< is enabled
Variant >v_TEL_SERV_MENU< is enabled***
Variant >v_FM_FOLLOWING< is enabled
Variant >v_PDT_LOOK_AROUND< is enabled
Variant >v_AS_HK_AMFM< is enabled***
Variant >v_NIVI_MENUE_NEU< is enabled***
Variant >v_NIVI_MFL< is enabled
Variant >v_Auto Offset On< is enabled
Variant >v_Listhandling 0306< is enabled
Variant >v_IPod List< is enabled
Variant >v_BT Off Button< is enabled
Variant >v_BT Off Dialog< is enabled
Variant >v_alt BT Off Bitmap< is enabled***
Variant >v_EXNAV_OHNE_VM< is enabled***

#100 ·
One weird thing I have noticed now after doing this experiment to my front MMI now when I FswPsw.MAN code my MMI it sets the HW_VARIANTE to 00 so no hw variant which is weird because it still looks like the high version but without the option of moving some things to the right side of the screen and split screen NAVI. So I always have to NETTODATA l code my mmi now so it doesn't reset to all zeros but I don't know if that's just because I have the 3000 line still in my mmi file.

#101 ·
LVDS to CVBS?

Vibbelito,

I wanted to ask You a favour for some time already. Now, i am again at my desktop computer to write longer texts again.. ;)
Once I started to look after the individual rear monitor equipment on the seats. Originals are rare and cost a fortune, in addition I would say that already rather outdated.
Therefore, I started to look at aftermarket Android options, however none of the aftermarket screens are with LVDS input, obviously. However, I still want my BMW OEM rear menu and video available at my rear screens in addition to modern android screen capabilities.

I found on ETK that there is an LVDS signal splitter used for rear screens. Manufacture by Haberl electronics.
http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E...ment/indi_mount_parts_rear_seat_infotainment/
I even found a picture of selling item in Poland, but nobody responds.

Anyway, splitting us not enough, probably there are no many (if any at all) aftermarket options with LVDS input capabilities.
Therefore I wonder isn't it possible to convert LVDS back to CVBS? :eeps:
You had some investigations with Your rear view screen and MMIGT, and maybe You already have figured it out...
It would be good to split the output from MMIGT which goes out to Rear Screen, and somehow convert an LVDS signal to video format which an aftermarket screen tablet would be capable to take.
I contacted one Chinese manufacturer again, and the contact responded that it would be possible and they would be ready to make a converting cable, but I have to define specifications. What are the PINs, input signals and what output?
Have You any thoughts on that?Oher considerations? Options?
I would be very appreciated.

#102 ·
Vibbelito,

I wanted to ask You a favour for some time already. Now, i am again at my desktop computer to write longer texts again.. ;)

Once I started to look after the individual rear monitor equipment on the seats. Originals are rare and cost a fortune, in addition I would say that already rather outdated.

Therefore, I started to look at aftermarket Android options, however none of the aftermarket screens are with LVDS input, obviously. However, I still want my BMW OEM rear menu and video available at my rear screens in addition to modern android screen capabilities.

I found on ETK that there is an LVDS signal splitter used for rear screens. Manufacture by Haberl electronics.

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E...ment/indi_mount_parts_rear_seat_infotainment/

I even found a picture of selling item in Poland, but nobody responds.

Anyway, splitting us not enough, probably there are no many (if any at all) aftermarket options with LVDS input capabilities.

Therefore I wonder isn't it possible to convert LVDS back to CVBS? :eeps:

You had some investigations with Your rear view screen and MMIGT, and maybe You already have figured it out...

It would be good to split the output from MMIGT which goes out to Rear Screen, and somehow convert an LVDS signal to video format which an aftermarket screen tablet would be capable to take.

I contacted one Chinese manufacturer again, and the contact responded that it would be possible and they would be ready to make a converting cable, but I have to define specifications. What are the PINs, input signals and what output?

Have You any thoughts on that?Oher considerations? Options?

I would be very appreciated.
Well I've been down this road back and forth but haven't had the time to really dive into it. But yeah I have found some things. For one I have talked to haberl Electronic but they won't disclose any details about the splitter and won't sell me one directly either. I to have looked at that splitter for sale on allegro but they don't ship to Sweden and I wasn't to interested to find someone in Poland to order it for me and then ship to me although my Mother has a friend that is polish so it could probably be arranged.
Irish745 on this forum actually have this splitter in his car and has promised to take some pictures of it if he can open it up without breaking it when he finds it in his car.

I have been searching for a way to split the lvds signal in some other way and have found some things. I got some help from a guy over at this forum so please read this!
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/help-design-an-lvds-splitter.155888/
I have really no experience in designing and building a circuit and so this is way past my comfort zone and therefore I haven't done much more.

A document about the drop link configuration (splitter)
View attachment snla157.pdf

But yeah I have also been trying to see if there is a way of converting it to either cvbs or HDMI but I haven't made any progress there.

Now to the signals and that stuff (if I remember correctly).

This is where the front and rear mmi are different so I will focus on the rear mmi only.

The navi/TV signals are input as RGsB to this converter

That converts it to digital RGB and sends it on to this

Where the menus and navi/tv signals are combined in the xilinx FPGA and output as 21 bits of CMOS/TTL (I think) to this

Which converts it into three LVDS data streams. A phase-locked transmit clock is transmitted in parallel with the data streams over a fourth LVDS link. Every cycle of the

transmit clock 21 bits of input data are sampled and transmitted.

This signal is described as differential RGB in tis.
From tis
LVDS data wire
LVDS stands for "Low Voltage Differential Signalling".
There is always an LVDS data wire between the control unit for the display and the screen (except E83, E85, E86):
LVDS is a special technology for fast and secure data transmission:
There are 2 wires for each signal. The signal is transmitted positively on one wire, negatively on the other (inverted). This means that each pair of wires is electrically neutral.
Interference from outside has*no*effect on the signal transmission: such interference affects both wires equally. The signal information is thus unaffected. This is because: The control unit processes the difference between the positive and negative signals. This difference remains unchanged even in the event of interference from outside.
The LVDS data wire for the television consists of the following wires:

2 wires for red

2 wires for green

2 wires for blue

2 earth wires

Screening

The synchronised pulses are transmitted on the wire for image signals.
Her is tis wiring diagram https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...ay-information-functions/rear-monitor/nnxGCze

It is then sent out to the screen over the lvds cable where it is received by a DS90CR216.
The DS90CR216 receiver converts the LVDS data streams back into 21 bits of CMOS/TTL data. At a transmit clock frequency of 66 MHz, 21 bits of TTL data are transmitted at a rate of 462 Mbps per LVDS data channel. Using a 66 MHz clock, the data throughput is 1.386 Gbit/s (173 Mbytes/s).

Although it looks like only 4 leads are used?

This is as much as I know at the moment without going in with some scope and measure the signals. Hope this helps and let me know if I need to go deeper into something or clarify.

#106 ·
Oh if only I would have known that yesterday I could have bought a cas instead to build a test bench. To flash and code over obd. The mmi needs to see terminal R (I think) to boot and even send power to the CPU in the first place. Thanks to Stuartjohn24 we know how the power supply works in the MMI.

Anyway in some time I will build something like this:

#108 ·
For a test bench of which i have just for coding and flashing units before i send them out .u need cas module with key .sgm module which acts as the gateway between the buses . idrive controller .obd socket .mmi screen .ask unit .and a 12v power supply .i have a setup i made and it works quiet well and seems to be faster at flashing modules due to lack of other peripherials in the buses .stuartjohn has a fantastic setup where he can pull the different module plates for different chassis as he has a case with a backplane and just in and out

#109 ·
For a test bench of which i have just for coding and flashing units before i send them out .u need cas module with key .sgm module which acts as the gateway between the buses . idrive controller .obd socket .mmi screen .ask unit .and a 12v power supply .i have a setup i made and it works quiet well and seems to be faster at flashing modules due to lack of other peripherials in the buses .stuartjohn has a fantastic setup where he can pull the different module plates for different chassis as he has a case with a backplane and just in and out

Oh thank you for this info, I'm gonna try to source all the needed components and cables if I can find them at a reasonable price. I already have a front MMI on the way that should have arrived already some days ago.. is the ASK really necessary?

Is it this thing you're talking about?

#110 ·
Yeah something like that but my powersupply is alot smaller .il get details of it later if i get near it .generally ask is not needed .but if ur doing anything to the sound part of the loop it is as its the primary controller so u will have no sound .i hooked it up and 1 speaker to the output of it so i have sound and at least when i do anything to the loop i know it works .that been said i have a parts car here so i was able to make up a full loop with video module antenna module and tuner.bluettooth etc so i can swap out and code any module i like .i will be in the future adding the byteflite bus and others so i can do all buses .but other priorities first as now have 2 760s apart in my shed and no car to drive lol

#112 ·
This is translated from a document in german

The Rear Display control unit generates digital image data. The digital image data is transmitted via a LVDS cable (Low Voltage Differential Signaling for the transmission of digital images, digital RGB cable) for graphical representations on the rear display.
So some form of balanced digital RGB [emoji848]

#115 ·
It just hit me that the Avin USA replacement idrive screens for the CCC uses this same input LVDS connection as the rear idrive screen!

Unfortunately they don't seem to make this in a 6.5" version so that the rear OEM screen could be replaced or in a form factor like this

But I don't see why they shouldn't be able to make one like this if there's just a demand for it. Then no lvds to cvbs converter would be needed. One could just use a OEM lvds splitter to 2 of these screens.

#116 ·
I also think that it would be possible.
I asked from manufacturer from which I bought my front screen android.
Unfortunatelly, they seemed not understanding me. Just replied that they don't have 6'5version.
My android screen has not such LVDS input... [emoji53]
Rear screen android would really solve the problem...

Maybe without the Idrive control, since from rear i drive there are different can messages, i guess...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

#121 ·
Anyone of you that have an extra video module that is broken or that you are not afraid of breaking?

What I need you to do is open it up and confirm what video switch chip is installed and then trace the i²c bus line from that.

I think at least this lower shield with holes in it needs to be removed and very likely the whole riser board will have to be desoldered

In order to trace the i²c bus from pin 3 and 4 from the VPD3134Y hopefully to any of these contact pins.

So I can then just hook up my bus pirate and send the i2c commands to see if it switches the input to the aux in. I would dismantle my own but I am somewhat afraid of breaking it while it still works and then I can't test it with the bus pirate...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.