Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Rethinking DIY oil changes
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 xdrive35d White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I've never seen that type of coupon at my dealership. If it's really $50 all in (excluding tax and disposal fees), then that's a killer deal. Oil and filter alone is already $50 for OEM parts. (I exclusively use BMW blue bottle oil).

My dealer also started doing free "visual inspections" every time the car is in. Meaning, they'll do quick visual diagnostics on issues they spot. They've already notified me of various leaks I was unaware of.
Exactly. Sort of like the vehicle I use to drive back and forth to work... recently came up for a passenger airbag recall.

So I brought it in and figured since I was over on my oil change I would just let them do it. They do a "free multi-point inspection" and "free wash" as well as shuttle service to and from work. Plus they're closer than the BMW dealer to my work. 5 mins away. VS The BMW dealer is 10 mins away.

Now I already expected to get a list of things they want to do to the car like struts, stabilizer links, and other front end parts as well as brakes. But... BUT for them to tell me to focus my attention on an area that I know needs attention costed me nothing.

For that reason among others I don't mind visual inspections such as yourself. There will always be things I'm unaware of going on under the car.