Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - 2008 BMW 535i, E60 LCI - Fuel Pump Issue
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 10:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 bmw 528i
If the fuel pump was not replaced, its fair to say the fuel filter was also not replaced.

After looking at your 2aaf fault code on the BMW fault code look up web site it says:

1.) Run plausibility check on signal from low-pressure sensor by comparing DME monitored data (BMW Tester) with actual measurement from pressure gauge
2.) If the pressure measurements for DME and pressure gauge match, replace the EKP

You've got ISTA. Do the fuel diagnostic check routine.

The past 3 people I've witnessed that have this iDrive message flash up, the fuel pump was malfunctioning. Their symptoms were as followed:

o the car cuts out every now and then and you have to start it back up
o INPA or ISTA are throwing fuel cut off misfire codes
o when the gas tank is at a quarter tank the car starts misfiring and it starts behaving very strange. Then when you fill the tank all the way up the problem goes away
o does the car start dying at half the tank? if this happens possibly have a bad fuel sender assembly which is on the driver side. Basically what that does is once the car reaches half a tank of gas it will start pushing all the fuel from the driver's side of the gas tank to the passenger side.
o Long crank when starting
o At high RPM the engine sputters
o Error message for fuel pump appears on iDrive
o A faulty fuel pump can cause poor engine performance and hard starting problems. When it fails completely, you may be left with an engine that doesn't start. If you suspect your fuel pump has failed, you can confirm the fuel pump has received the correct voltage when commanded ON by the fuel pump relay using a digital volt ohm-meter (DVOM)
o If the correct voltage is present, but the pump does not activate, it is likely faulty. Use the DVOM in conjunction with a wiring diagram to determine the correct terminals for testing.