BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#102,941 ·
Life must be tough having two garages :p

Pulled out the driveshaft from my Volvo because it was nice today (20F). The ujoint is incredibly toast. So much play. The car was essentially undriveable because it vibrated and jerked so badly.
I'm out working in a canopy with a propane heater :eeps:. What's this heated garage you speak of. Only thing that really sucks is every time I hit something when I'm running wiring my hands start to bleed. I think i busted three or four knuckles today :I

#102,945 ·
Honestly, I much prefer working in the dead of winter than the summer.

:dunno:

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__

#102,947 ·

That is perfect, I got plenty of projects for you. I can fly you up and then you can fix the garage trim were my mom backed in to it. Then you can paint her minor and install it. My engine bay could use a good detailing and then why don't you finish it off with a nice hand wash and wax for my car. So, how does that sound, we got a deal? :rofl:

#102,948 · (Edited)

You've never had the wrench slip on you when its 0 out....

You think busting your knuckles sucks in 75? :rofl:

In other news currently 80% of the great lakes are frozen. This means I can finally get started on making the Ice Road from Milwaukee to Detroit. Not that anyone wants to go to Detroit.

Edit: Alex can I call him next? I have plenty for him to do too :)

#102,950 ·
Edit: Alex can I call him next? I have plenty for him to do too :)
Sure, we can start a Chad loaner program. I am sure there are a lot of norther fester that would love a winter worker.

#102,951 ·
Sure, we can start a Chad loaner program. I am sure there are a lot of norther fester that would love a winter worker.
Meh, I'd rather deal with the cold, than listen to his whimpering.

#102,952 ·
Traded the project E39 that's been in my driveway for 2 years without moving.

You basically are when you go into a full tuck. I spent half the time last night in full tuck pretending to be a track star. :lmao:

How could you pass up a turbo bike??

i kinda wanted to live to see my thirties...:eeps:

I can't understand how anyone could possibly feel the need to turbo a bike. I've never even ridden a liter bike, just a couple newer 600s. With my skinny ass on an aluminum frame R6, I was capable of accelerating faster than my brain could process what was happening. You can already out-accelerate practically any sports car on an "average" sport bike.
I was crusing down an on ramp on that R6 in 2nd gear, and realized I was going to end up level with the back of a semi truck, so my first instinct was to roll off the throttle and slide behind him.

Then, I realized that the on-ramp is very long, and I'm straddling a 17,500rpm 400lb bottle rocket. I smoothly roll into the throttle and at 4000 rpms I'm like "yeah, that's pretty stout." Half a second later I'm sweeping across 7000 and thinking "wow this likes to rev," then I hit 9000 and open the floodgates of hell, the front wheel comes off the ground and I'm on top of the 17,500 rpm and I click up into 3rd and start trying to scrub some speed. Another half a second later I'M AT THE EXIT I NEED TO GET OFF. The truck is gone, I can't even see its headlights. I covered 2 miles in an imperceptible amount of time.

So yeah, I still don't get how you could even *want* a turbo'd bike, you can practically time-warp on a "regular" 600cc.

I miss my bike. :(
yeah, this,...the cbr900rr turbo was way too much bike for me. soaking wet with $20,00 in quarters in my jacket would've tipped the scales @ 120lbs...i think i would be time warping at full throttle.....:yikes:

Meh, I'd rather deal with the cold, than listen to his whimpering.
:rofl:

well,....off to free the bugmobile from its snowy blanket....:eek:

df

#102,953 · (Edited)
Happy snow day errybody!!

It started coming down pretty good overnight and has not let up yet. I have not measured yet, but friends about 20 miles west have measured 13" so far. I can't see the difference between the end of the 128's hood and the start of the snowdrift. Fortunately we are all home and can stay here to work/screw around/eat and drink ourselves silly. Woke up to my friend's Subaru brap-brapping its way out of the neighborhood for some "exploration time" no doubt.

How are things where y'all are? Well, at least those of you in the storm's path. I know Chad will mumble something about 35* being the coldest thing he's ever lived through :p

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#102,954 · (Edited)
Happy snow day errybody!!

It started coming down pretty good overnight and has not let up yet. I have not measured yet, but friends about 20 miles west have measured 13" so far. I can't see the difference between the end of the 128's hood and the start of the snowdrift. Fortunately we are all home and can stay here to work/screw around/eat and drink ourselves silly. Woke up to my friend's Subaru brap-brapping its way out of the neighborhood for some "exploration time" no doubt.

How are things where y'all are? Well, at least those of you in the storm's path. I know Chad will mumble something about 35* being the coldest thing he's ever lived through :p

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
No snow last night here. Flipping Subaru's with exhausts are uber loud.:eek:

Edit- Guys need opinions should I get a full exhaust OR. Pick up some ACS type 1 Rennsports for my car. Finances will only allow one or the other until Fall. Price points right around 2k no matter which way I cut it.

#102,955 ·
:lmao: Jake. We hit 70 yesterday, so we're doing pretty good. :)

See, no whining or complaining there.

Joey, are you looking forward to becoming a Comcast employee?

#102,957 ·
Joey, are you looking forward to becoming a Comcast employee?
There's a decent chance I won't. :( After a merger like this I'm afraid my dept would be effectively a duplicate of what Comcast already has, I have a feeling we might be one of the groups that gets let go, but who knows. Mergers like this take at least a year, so it's not like I'll be out rattling a tin can net week.

#102,958 ·
There's a decent chance I won't. :( After a merger like this I'm afraid my dept would be effectively a duplicate of what Comcast already has, I have a feeling we might be one of the groups that gets let go, but who knows. Mergers like this take at least a year, so it's not like I'll be out rattling a tin can net week.
:(

Well, we'll hope that doesn't happen.

You could also be absorbed into the team, though. The dept may be duplicate, but there is now much more work to be done if they're increasing their subscriber base by 50%.

#102,959 ·
Yeah I'm not too terribly worried, if anything happens I can't imagine it would be within a year, mergers between companies this size don't move fast. I also have a potential job opportunity at Lauren's new company that I hope to start exploring after she gets settled in. Being a media guy for a freaking aviation contracting firm would be way cooler than being an ad man for a cable company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.