Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Rear Brake Pads and Rotors
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sportline
Quote:
Originally Posted by tskbimmer View Post
Rear brakes only === Dealer just quoted $880. I am MUCH more motivated to do this job myself.
Greets. I got a similar quote from my dealer on the brakes - $800 per axle. Recently, I got the brake wear warning, so it was upon me. I decided to do it myself. Even with buying a low profile jack and specialized jack stands, I did all four for around $900. Going forward, I will be able to do the job for $400.

To your questions: the wear sensors are relatively easy on the front - the junction box is right there in the inner fender well. On the back, you need to loosen, not remove, the inner fender liner to get to the junction box where the wear sensor plugs in.

As for jacking it up, Kies Motorsports has a great video on YouTube on jacking up an F30. Pay attention to the jack points he shows. I did buy the jack stands he uses along with the Burger Tuning jack pad adapters. For the floor jack, definitely get a low profile jack. I got mine at Harbor Freight. It is practically identical to the one Brian uses in the video, but it was half the cost of that Arcan jack.

Look for a post from me about my brake job in the next few days.

2013 328i, ZSL, ZPP, 609, 255, ZMT