Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 08:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i xDrive
Thanks for all the replies. I couldn't sell this car in good conscience without disclosing the problems, and who would want to buy it? All of the work has been done at an official BMW dealership, so all of the problems will show up in a CARFAX. The dealership has told me that they have involved BMWNA in attempting to diagnose the problem using the data that is stored, but I don't believe the mechanic or BMW know what the real problem is. I don't know the codes but think they must be similar for the solution to always be one or two of the same fixes. Only once has the drivability been affected, but it went into limp mode on 294 in Chicago, which was a real safety problem at the speeds and density of traffic there. I know this will be even more of a issue once the warranty runs out. How do you get rid of a car that may or may not be a ticking time bomb, knowing that I won't lie to or deceive a potential buyer, that no one would want to buy? I am considering legal action, but wanted to give BMWNA an opportunity to rectify this situation. They have flatly stated they won't buy the car back due to mileage and age, and the fact that it was purchased as a used car. I thought maybe they would stand behind their pre-owned program more than just expecting me to take the car in for service every 60 days until the warranty runs out and can't sustain the repair bills.